• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Team?

~Raz

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am new to these forums, but that doesn't mean I wont post often. You will see me here a lot. Especially in the Pokémon thread, because, I just love Pokémon! Although.. I kinda wish I had a DS now, (Diamon and Pearl are so cheap! I shoulda got a DS.. -.-)

.....Anyways.. here is my team. (still under construction).

My Team Training Instructions
+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Meganium @-Leftovers
~~~~~~~~
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed /Breed with Venasuar
Reflect
Synthesis

Breed until Nature is Calm

Wild Pokemon EV training with:
Special Defense+ :Tentacool/Drowzee
Alakazam @-Shell Bell
~~~~~~~~
Ice Punch/ breed with Hitmonchan
Fire Punch/ breed with Hitmonchan
Thunder Punch/ breed with Hitmonchan
Psychic

Breed until Nature is Mild/ Make sure Hitmonchan knows all 3 Elemental Punches before breeding
Wild Pokemon EV training with:
Special Attack+ :Gastly/Haunter/Magnemite/Magneton/Oddish/Gloom/Abr/Kadabra/Psyduck/Golduck
Donphan @-Shell Bell
~~~~~~~
Rest/ TM
Rock Slide/ Move Tutor
Counter/ Move Tutor
Earthquake

Breed until Nature is Adamant

Wild Pokemon EV train with:
Attack+ :Ekans/Arbok/Nidoran/Nidorino/Machop/Machoke/Bellsprout/Weepinbell
Defense+ :Metapod/Kakuna/Geodude/Graveler/Sandshrew/Sandslash/Onix/Ryhorn
Umbreon @-Leftovers
~~~~~~~
Baton Pass/ Learn when Eevee is Lv.36
Toxic/ TM
Protect/ TM
Wish/ Breed Pikachu with Togetic until Pikachu learns, then breed Pikachu with Umbreon

Breed until Nature is Calm

Defense+ :Metapod/Kakuna/Geodude/Graveler/Sandshrew/Sandslash/Onix/Ryhorn
Lapras @-Leftovers
~~~~~~
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Sing
Thunderbolt/ TM

Breed until Nature is Modest

Special Attack+ :Gastly/Haunter/Magnemite/Magneton/Oddish/Gloom/Abr/Kadabra/Psyduck/Golduck
Dragonite @-Leftovers
~~~~~~~~~
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

Breed until Nature is Adamant

Attack+ :Ekans/Arbok/Nidoran/Nidorino/Machop/Machoke/Bellsprout/Weepinbell

These are pretty much my instructions, because I learnt about EV's when I wrote this, so, if anyone want's to edit, feel free, or Critique.

Thanks!
~Raz

~Raz

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the double posting (not sure if it's frowned upon) but is anyone going to critique? If no one wants to, it's fine by me. Just want some second opinions.

Thanks.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
For Alakazam, go Timid (+Spd, -Atk). And you might want to take off one of the punches for Calm Mind.

Give Lapras Surf for Sing.

I'm not the best at these things...

~Raz

Smash Rookie
Hmm... I think I would rather modest. In fact I should change that. Also, Shell bell is useful if it attacks. Calm mind would be good, but this is my elemental sweeper, so I just need special attack. Which is why I'm changing it to modest.

Thanks for the reply though.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'd say that moveset for Alakazam is a no go. The elemental punches no longer benefit Alakazam, sadly.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, since the elemental punches are know physical and Alakazam has terrible Attack stats, it's best to remove them for Diamond/Pearl Versions

~Raz

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't own Diamond or Pearl, and I don't plan on moving him there, nor my team at all. However, if I did get Diamond or Pearl, I would move rare Pokémon.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Give EV spreads, not what to kill to get specific EVs.

Alakazam @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch

Standard Alakazam. I'd go with Timid because personally, I don't like having luck determine my fate when against a Dugtrio. Yea, I guess if the Dugtrio is Jolly, it's still luck, but most Dugtrios are Adamant, so eh. Alakazam depends on its offense to survive. If it doesn't OHKO, it will get OHKOed. Calm Mind is standard on this thing and after one, Psychic will kill plenty of things. Fire Punch and Thunderpunch have the most coverage on the things that can potentially wall Zam. Fire hits Metagross and Jirachi, Thunderpunch hits bulky waters and Starmie. Claydol's your only real problem with this set (besides the obvious Regice/Blisslax), and if you don't reveal one of your moves, I doubt any Claydol would risk getting Ice Punched.

Btw, Leftovers > Shell Bell in almost all cases. Your movesets are decent, but I see a glaring CBCross weak unless you can Counter it to death. The only thing that can afford to switch in on CBCross is your Dragonite, and it won't like Rock Slide. Some Celebi issues as well, but overall, not bad.

Top Bottom