• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Team [beware im a noob]

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have started to use NetBattle recenlty and I have found that I am getting thrashed. I have played a total of 4 games. I have won 1 and lost the remainding 3. I thought I was pretty good at Pokemon, cause I always used to beat my cousins and friends. But now versing other people, Im nothing compared to them.

My team is :
Gyrados with Choice band [lvl 100] [Intimidate] [Bold]
- Hydro Pump
- Rain dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Porygon2 with Leftovers [lvl 100] [Trace] [Adamant]
- Conversion
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Recover

Shedinja with Choice Band [lvl 100] [Wonder Gaurd] [Timid]
- Protect
- Secret Power
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Ludicolo with Leftovers [lvl 100] [Swift Swim] [Brave]
- Attract
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Synthesis

Gengar with Leftovers [lvl 100] [Levitate] [Hardy]
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Nightmare
- Shadow Ball

Snorlax with Leftovers [lvl 100] [Immunity] [Hardy]
- Block
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Shadow ball

Yes I know it isnt a well rounded team (Water pokemon would flog me) but it is a team that consists of my FAVOURITE pokemon. Well I want to win, so I'll have to say goodbye to some of my favourites (except for Lucicolo, hes to cool). Or am I using the wrong movesets for some pokemon? Am I using wrong traits? Help me out here pokefans!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Are you using an in-game team (exactly copying it from one of your games)? Remember, it's okay to change your movesets/natures/whatever on NetBattle. Most of your natures are worthless.

Remember, go for accuracy over power. Ie. Surf > Hydro Pump.

Use your stats! That Snorlax set is complete and utter garbage. Adamant is reducing Porygon2's potential. Same goes for all of your other natures. No exceptions.

Synthesis restores LESS HP in Rain.

You'll never win with these movesets. Sorry, but it's true. I'm surprised you actually beat a person, quite frankly.

Eh, I'm not too good with movesets, so I'll let the others tell you.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Are you implementing EVs?

If you don't know what they are, here's an article: http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Gyarados shouldn't be using any special attacks, at least in this generation.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant (+Att, -Sp Att)
EVs: 252 Att/252 Spd/6 HP
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Earthquake
HP Flying

Dragon Dance to speed up + raise Att, Taunt to stop status inflicters + other annoying stuff. HP Flying for STAB.

Ludicolo@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp Def/6 Def
Bold (+Def, -Att)
Surf
Toxic
Leech Seed
Synthesis/Rest/Rain Dance

Surf > Hydro Pump IMO cuz accuracy > power, and if you choose to use Rain Dance, it gets the boost anyways. Ludicolo's mostly a staller anyways.

Gengar@Leftovers
Timid (+Spd, -Att)
EVs: 252 Spd/252 Sp Att/6 HP
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch/Psychic/Giga Drain/HP Dark/Hypnosis/Destiny Bond

Pick the other 3 moves based on preference/team needs. Gengar's Sp Att is higher than its Att, so special sweeper FTW.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Adamant (+Att, - Sp Att)
EVs: 252 Att/252 Sp Def/6 HP
Curse
Rest
Earthquake/Shadow Ball/Return
Earthquake/Shadow Ball/Return

I don't know about Porygon2 & Shedinja though.

EDIT: Yeah, forgot ice punch on Gengar. -_-

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
The only Pokemon you should be using 252/252/6 spreads are CBers, with a few minor exceptions, but blindhobo has the right idea, just tweak the EVs. Also, Psychic and HP Dark on Gengar isn't as useful as Ice Punch (for mence) and Focus Punch (for Blissey). Also, Lax needs one stab move always, be it Body Slam/Return/Double Edge. I'm partial to Body Slam personally for the many times para saved me. Lol. The last move should be Fire Blast/Shadow Ball/Earthquake, depending on what your team can and can't do. Fire Blast takes care of Skarm, Metagross, and can at least stop Gengar's Focus Punches, but Tyranitar runs all over you. Shadow Ball takes care of Gengar, but Tyranitar and Skarm wall you. Metagross doesn't really care about your measly Shadow Ball damage either. EQ hits Metagross and Tyranitar, but Gengar and Skarm wall you. Your choice.

Standard Pory2 is boltbeam with Recover and a support move, usually Thunder Wave. Shedinja should never be used without a spinner, and I think if you do decide on using Shedinja, Rain Dance is a good choice on your Ludicolo, as Sandstream/Spikes kill it outright. Shedinja can run CB with Shadow Ball/Silver Wind/HP [Rock/Ground/Fighting]/Aerial Ace. You can replace the second 2 with some other filler, but taking a look at its movepool, I doubt you can. Or Shedinja can go with Protect if you don't like taking risks, but then you won't hit nearly as hard. Then I'd opt for Toxic as another way of dealing damage.

EDIT: Oh right, read Smogon articles on team building and look at their suggested movesets for reference. www.smogon.com

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
OK Ive updated my team and now Im really starting to win. Ive played a further 10 games and won 7 of them. Ive really changed my team so here it is.

Gengar@Leftovers
Timid
EVs 252 Spd/252 Sp Att/6 HP
Dream Eater
Hypnosis
Physcic
Shadow Ball

Snorlax@Leftovers
Adamant
EVs 252 Att/252 Sp Def/6 HP
Rest
Curse
Body Slam
Snore

Steelix@Leftovers
???
EVs ???
Earthquake
Return
Iron Tail
Rock Slide

Scizor@Leftovers
???
EVs ???
Aerial Ace
Attract
Steel Wing
Swift

Lucicolo@Leftovers
Bold
EVs 252 HP/252 Sp Def/6 Def
Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Rain Dance
Surf

Heracross@Quick Claw
???
EVs ???
Endure
Reversal
Megahorn
Rock Slide

This is my team at the moment. I have currently got Steelix, Scizor and Heracross's EVs and Nature set to default so if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
I wouldn't reccommend Dream Eater simply because Hypnosis could miss...and you'd be dead. And what's the point of having 2 psychic attacks? Give it Thunderbolt. And replace Shadow Ball for a special attack.

Give Steelix Explosion.

Heracross@Salac Berry (Adamant)
Endure
Reversal
Megahorn
Earthquake/Rock Slide?

I don't know, something like that. Salac Berry to actually speed up, instead of Quick Claw which only has a small chance of letting you go first.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Btw, to export your team to a .txt file, go to File -> Export to Text. It saves you lots of time. I'll edit this post later with comments on team.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Blindhobo I have Dreameater there to restore some health if I am in desperate needs.

And I am not changing Gengars Shadow Ball to a different attack, because usually when I draw Gengar out they automatically draw a phychic type out. Shadow Ball FTW!

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i freakin threw up. i thought you were a noob, but this, garbage. i'm sorry

okay i suggest changing natures, some pokes, round off your team, take away healing moves, assign roles(tank sweeper etc) and change movesets

shedinja is overrated now ad before, unless you go into the uber area against kyogre then.....pwnage

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
you have three types weak against fire, so that could be a problem if you run into a foe that carries it (though that is actually quite rare in Netbattle)

Dream Eater isn't practical because your opponent can just switch out before you can use it, and then you can't put the next pokemon to sleep (unless you don't have 'Sleep Clause' on). Also, in Netbattle having Ghost type on Gengar isn't good either since it's a physical type. Instead go with something like this

Gengar @ Lum Berry
Trait: levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt / Giga Drain
- Destiny Bond

Your Snorlax has no way of penetrating Steel, Rock, or Ghost, so you're bound to get walled by them. Instead of Snore, get either Shadow Ball or Earthquake

Instead of Return on Steelix, give him Explosion so he can go out with a bang and take out any troublesome pokemon on your opponent's team. Also getting rid of either Rock Slide or Iron tail for roar would also help if your opponent starts raising stats or uses Substitute.

Get rid of Scizor, he has no use to your team even if you do use him properly

Ludicolo has Swift Swim or Rain Dish? Judging by this set, you need Swift Swim more so you can sweep.

Heracross is the best made poke on your team. You need Salac Berry though to raise your speed after you endure instead of just relying on lucky Quick Claws.

Top Bottom