• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sheik

Dervo

Smash Rookie
Nice sheik! Also good job adapting to the Yoshi, unfamiliar matchups are always a pain.

Really solid though, my main suggestion would be mix up your methods of getting up with the ledge and maybe be a bit more tricksy with wall jumps. Sheiks wall jump/cling give her a lot more options returning from the edge, plus she can't really afford being hit by much coming back. Also a Shino stall here and there wouldnt hurt.

Approachwise it also looked like you were fishing for grabs at low %s a bit, and got punished for it a few times. Don't be afraid to toss in a few SH nairs and maybe dairs to mix it up. At mid percents you may have been dash attacking from neutral a bit much, SH nair would definitely be safer.

At mid percent you also like a lot of short hopped fairs. You hit a lot of them, but keep in mind fair ends combos, while dair and nair(usually) can be combod out of.

Its all mostly nitpicking though, nice set, congrats on the win.

Droogaon

Smash Rookie
I'm not a good Sheik main myself, but you kept dash grabbing, which is very punishable. You should learn how to JC grab, which has just the same range but less ending lag, which means it's not as punishable.

Top Bottom