• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sandstorm-ish team.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Salamence
Intimidate
Expert Belt
Naive(Spd+ SD-)
EVs: 252sa/252spd/4atk

Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
HP Water
Brick Break

I don't know about this one. It's supposed to be a (kinda) Special attacker. I didn't want Specsmence. Also my lead. Dragon Pulse hits everything for neutral damage except for Steels. Flamethrower hits Skarmory and Bronzong, while HP Water hits Heatran, Probopass, and Bastiodon. Brick Break for the Reflects/Light Screens, and to hit some Pokes.

Rampardos
Mold Breaker
Focus Sash
Adamant(Atk+ SA-)
EVs: 252 atk/248spd

Stone Edge
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Rock Polish

My Physical sweeper. Rock Polish and sweep. Focus Sash allows Rock Polish without dieing first. After Rock Polish, Speed becomes 428. Zen Headbutt to hit Breloom, who otherwise resists Stone Edge and Earthquake. Bronzong does not wall Rampardos because Mold Breaker stops Levitate. Sandstorm raises SD, allowing for a little more survivability.

Porygon-Z
Adaptability
Life Orb
Modest(SA+ Atk-)
EVs: 252sa/252spd/4hp

Tri Attack
Ice Beam
HP Fighting
Agility

My Special Sweeper. Agility and sweep. Unfortuantly, Froslass walls it, but who uses it anyways? Adaptability makes Tri Attack stronger.

Hippowdon
Sandstream
Leftovers
Impish(Def+ SA-)
EVs: 252hp/252def/4atk

Earthquake
Thunder Fang
Slack Off
Stealth Rock

My Physical Wall. Slack Off any serious damage. Also sets up Sandstorm and Stealth Rock. I was going to use Ice Fang instead of Thunder Fang. But with TF, I can kill Gyarados and still hurt Flyers. I can also at least hurt Bronzong.

Cradily
Suction Cups
Leftovers
Sassy(SD+ Spd-)
EVs: 252hp/252sd/4atk

Grass Knot
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Recover

My Special Wall. Recover any serious damage. Sandstorm raises already high SD. Grass Knot for Bulky Waters. Earthquake so Magnezone doesn't wall Cradily.

Donphan
Sturdy
Leftovers
Impish(Def+ SA-)
EVs: 252hp/252def/4atk

Earthquake
Ice Shard
Rapid Spin
Knock Off

Team Support. Also kinda a Physical Wall. Ice Shard for Dragon Dancing dragons, Focus Sashers and Flail/Reversal sweepers. Rapid Spin to remove Spikes/Stealth Rock. Knock Off to... knock off items.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You have a major ice/water weakness. Any water pokemon can easily dissasemble your team.

You need to replace like 4 of your team members.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I agree. My Porygon-Z will own your whole team practically. Your pokemon at too slow for their own good. Teams revolving around sandstorm usually aren't very good. The benefits from the snadstorm are nullified because you are limited to so little.

I'd at least put Swampert and Steelix in there if want to stick with this theme.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Don't use Mence, this team can be pwnd by a single Warlien like this-

Warlein @ Lefties
Evs:252def/252hp/4spattk

Surf
Hail
Protect
Ice Beam

It'd be best to give Porgon Z Thunderbolt and replace Mence with Rhyperior since rock types get a spdef boost in a sandstorm.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Yeah, I didn't know if I should use Mence or not. I'll use Rhyperior instead.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

fluffy

Smash Champion
I'd take out hippowdon and salamence for tyranitar and garchomp

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, because that's going to alleviate his ice/water weakness.

As was said get a Swampert in there somewhere looking at your team I would swap Hippowdon. Get yourself a water/ice counter as wall. Put in a bronzong or something over one of your other pokemon.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, guys, but I've decided to do a complete make-over of my team. Heck, the only Poke I'm keeping is Porygon-Z. It won't be a Sandstorm-ish team, either. It won't have a big Water/Ice weakness, either. Every weakness on my team is covered by another Poke that is resistant to that weakness. You can be expecting another RMT soon.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Adding Shuckle is a better choice. In a sand storm, because of added Sp Def, it has about 600-700 without EV.

Max out Def and HP and you're good.

Top Bottom