• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Samus

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
I just picked up Samus about 5 days ago and have been gaining some pretty good progress with her. I just recorded a bunch of matches and was wondering if some of you could critique them. I have all the videos up on YouTube, and the links are below. As suggested by my boards name, I'm ElChibo (CHBO), and for other info, DETH's main is Captain Falcon, and GOTM's main is Luigi with secondary Falco.

vs GOTM (Luigi) 1
vs GOTM (Luigi) 2
vs GOTM (Luigi) 3
vs GOTM (Falco) 1
vs GOTM (Falco) 2
vs GOTM (Falco) 3
vs GOTM (Marth)
vs GOTM (Pichu)
vs GOTM (C. Falcon)
vs GOTM (Mewtwo)
vs GOTM (Ness)

vs DETH (Falcon) 1
vs DETH (C. Falcon) 2

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Stop taunting. You can find other ways of occupying yourself during the respawn.

After watching the Luigi vids, I can at least say that grappling the wall is not a panacea, and should be used about as much as spin attack. Mix it up. I could tell that you've played this guy a lot because he knew to interrupt your grapples, and where to go before you grapple a wall. Samus has one of the most variable recoveries in the game, if not the most. Use that to your advantage. Play with his head a bit. There's a reason the pros toy around at the edge a lot.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
lol i know i should stop taunting. i dont in really serious matches, but since hes my friend and we play all the time, i do. but yea, i have a lot of trouble with the get backs. il try and work with varying it with mind games.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
samus' taunt doesnt even look cool anyways
Dude, her taunts mad awesome lol. Plus, nothin better than taunting your opponent, especially when they kill themselves (which gotm always does). rofl waffle. Besides that though, hows my samus coming along? I've already gotten better so I'll get more vids tomorrow.

Top Bottom