• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my samus o.0

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
This is ur main smash buddy ur playing, isn't it...

At least, that's how it seems. You both seems to know the matchup really well, like you've played it five million times :p Cuz the falcon isn't rly that great, but does well against you for some reason...probably just knows your style?

Hm...advice... The first thing i noticed when i watched this match was the lack of defense. There was little to no shielding and sidestepping. Your spacing was excellent for the most part (probably because the way you learned to play, it had to be, with no shielding and all :p) and that made up for a lot of it, but it can't keep you out of everything. Shielding attacks more would set u up for shield>upb. As well, don't grapple against falcon lol....if you miss him your screwed. I know you only did it once but still. Your edgeguarding wasn't that strong, and I agree about the edgehopping, i think you need to do it more, especially with missles. A little less of the bomb games would be nice, it doesn't gain you much and theres better things you could be doing.

I think that's all...overall it didn't seem bad...More video variety would help appraisal. Try to get in a completely different matchup, like marth on battlefield or something. The platforms make a big difference....I saw some great mcing in that match, but with platforms it could be beastly. Anyways, good match, keep practising.

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
i saw decent edge guarding with that up tilt. Stick to it 90% of the time if you're not edge hogging. Save the other 10% for Nairs, but 90% the best edge guard samus has is the up tilt. Bomb less, way less, it looked like you kept failing at trying to get off SWD's and even when you got one off you didn't do anything with it. If the falcon was aware that his Fair would hit you through the mine you would've died a lot more... Use raising grapple when applicable.
Sweet Spot, Sweet spot, Sweet spot....
Don't approach falcon with your fair because his Fair > your Fair and his is fatal.
MC more instead of shooting missiles from the ground, it opens up more options for you. Like that Missile to dash you were doing, or a MC to grab or a MC to any smash.
Samus needs mind games to survive, she's too slow in the air to approach with aerials outright. Set up your opponent to jump before you do. Oh, and when returning, go for the ledge. Samus sucks at coming to the ground, especially against a falcon. Dairs don't usually work so sweet spot that edge on your return to the stage

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
well, out of 10, i would rate you a 6 or a 7. that CF, 4/10 lol. i think that yuo should try to wavedash, if you can't then practice because it will help in the long run.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
^umm, i think i was.

anyways thanks for the tips, i just picked her up again yesterday, cause a friend of mine (just starting out) was asking about using bombs with samus so first match i knew i wasnt as well as i used to with her. something was wrong, i think i know what it is now. yay

and yeah, the swd i didnt mean to do, i dont think anyone does it like that o.o

majoras16

Smash Apprentice
i recently change my edgeguarding for an angledFtilt but seeing u edguard the falcon with uptitlt twice makes me remember how it covers a large area, but oh well the falcon didnt sweetspot at all so thats why........keep playing and reach for the stars
yeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the stars

Navajo7

Smash Rookie
learn to combo your morphball better, and your friend ethier sucks or isnt trying cause hes could have dodge you ****. and play some music you guys are sitting in quiet.
Epic fail, thank you and good night

greenblob

Smash Lord
Pointing out a few things:
Save your second jump until the last minute--many times you don't need it distance-wise and if you get hit while recovering, well, you don't have your second jump to help you.
Bomb edgeguards aren't that great...
The SWDs...I think you were just trying to practice those/show off? There really wasn't any purpose to the ones you used.
When launched into the air--don't come in directly above your opponent with a dair. If you're going to come down with a melee attack, DI a bit to the side and fast fall with a sex kick or something. Otherwise, get as far away as possible and land a missile cancel.
More sex kicks in general

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
your friends falcon was not that good so hard to make a good judgement. good edgeguarding nonetheless hard to say much more he just got ***** everytime you got him off the edge.

sometimes you put yourself in bad situations where your friend COULDVE owned you, but didnt lol. i dont wanna say when and where because this is a hard match to give real constructive criticism. just post another match of you in a higher level match i guess? sorrys lol

no offense at all though, you arent bad just a lot of your stuff was limited. try to incorporate grabs, WD outta shield, spacing with tilts for starters.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
That samus was....decent at best. No offense to him, but that C.Fal really sucked. He had a lot of knees he could have gotten. You didn't edgeguard enough and you bombed way too much. You should use bombs sometimes but you used it the most out of any attack.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
^umm...wth?
thanks lanowen, for being probably the only one to actually help so far. anyone else?
wow thats a nice thing to say, some of us tried to help you. you posted a thread for help on your samus and then you reject our critisism. good one.

Rocadeus

Smash Rookie
Dude ok i saw your match and i would say Great and every one dising on you dude what the hell i bet you could beat them yep that what i have to say cus of you i just want to quite the game forever..really dude your way good.......are you going to go to the tournament? where do you live dude cus you should go to the tournament in your area and then go to the world tournament.

Top Bottom