• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Pluffy pink ball, plox

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
*Sad* :(

I think I will use Puff in teams, as I often do. The tournament starts in two days, so I would like some tips.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
im not very good with jiggly, but ill try to help =]
I like your bairs, and you DI pretty well. your edgehop to dair was pretty sweet =D. When you get your opponent off the stage, try chasing after them and doing a bair or a fair. maybe try doing more throws (and throw combos). I can't say much though, since I'm not very good with jiggly anyway =P

Good luck in your tournament!

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
You have to work on your spacing
And there are some points i like to mention :

- dont use rollout ( exept on Mute city)
- use rising pound (only saw that once i think)
- dont do such random fwd smashes
- only use nair to rest when ur sure it will work
- dont do fj fairs/bairs go for sh bairs/fairs (well spaced) or fj double bair/fair
- downthrow peach at low percentages
- DI those peach fthrows , you shouldn´t have died
- grab more ( dair 2 grab e.g. )
- lern to use utilt

so far
- shyne

Two.Of.Hearts

Smash Apprentice
When you shield a dash attack from almost any character, it's usually a free rest. Just get used to jumping out of the shield and resting immediately; it's not very tough, you just have to do it before their lag is over.

Other than that, I can't really help.

Sliq

Smash Master
You're too predictable. You don't have to be attacking all of the time. Use some mindgames to make your opponent think you are vulnerable, and then attack them in their vulnerability.

Also you need to space better and take into account CC'ers. You shouldn't try "following" your opponenet with weak aerials (nair, fair) because they will CC it and pwn you. Instead, play hit and run until they CC and fall to the ground, and then forward smash them during the tech chase (i.e. bair to forward smash).

Following only works if your opponenet isn't CC'ing.

Against opponents with good dash attacks (Peach, Fox, Falco, Sheik) sometimes you can trick opponents into a rest by empty short hopping into your shield (if you are expecting a dash attack) and then rest them out of it. They will probably wise up after you do it once or twice, so this keeps them off of your back with constant attacks.

Also, a lot of grabs can be duck rested, so don't be afraid to do that.

Mix up your aerial game more. Try some FF uairs to try and setup for a rest at lower damages against certain opponents (sometimes it pays to follow with a utilt if they shield the uair, to hit them as they jump outta shield).

More DD'ing and all around mindgames. Both of you guys were just constantly attacking which will get you pwnt by veterans.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Against opponents with good dash attacks (Peach, Fox, Falco, Sheik) sometimes you can trick opponents into a rest by empty short hopping into your shield (if you are expecting a dash attack) and then rest them out of it. They will probably wise up after you do it once or twice, so this keeps them off of your back with constant attacks.
If ur expecting a dash attack you propably go better with CC rest . But like sliq said they´ll wise up and will stop spamming dahs attacks which truly is a good thing for you cause they will fear more cc rests now (this is about breaking there moral, see "Reaching a higher level" for more).

On beeing predictable I´ll agree with sliq .

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Just on a totally random note, is that music by Neal Morse? It kind of sounds like it, and I was trying to figure out why I recognized it through the whole video <_<.

holywhack

Smash Apprentice
OK here we go-

You need to work on spacing with your bairs and WOP in general. Each time u come in with a bair, u can get grabbed 80%, so keep ur distance.
One thing kept cringing about was that that Peach dashed you 15 times... all but 5 could have been an easy rest. i.e. crouch rest man.
Use grab combos. Mainly down for Peach.
You short hop bair a lot... Thats good once in a while but work on ur WoP so u can use more in the air.(Follow up after a hit...)
LEARN TO USE RISING POUND.
Don't use too many nairs in front of Peach cuz thats a free grab.
It seems like you are too cautious to get off the stage and finish someone.
DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI

One thing i did like is that u had a blue ribbon.

Sliq

Smash Master
Use grab combos. Mainly down for Peach.
Are you high? You NEVER use Jigg's down throw. Ever. They DI out of it and you can't follow up. Might as well forward throw or back throw, and edge guard from there.

holywhack

Smash Apprentice
No

Are you high? You NEVER use Jigg's down throw. Ever. They DI out of it and you can't follow up. Might as well forward throw or back throw, and edge guard from there.
no no no- doesn't matter if they DI, you not looking for a rest here... Just a combo, which is always possible at low to mid % life. Peach is easy to combo even DI'ed. You can always get a bair if they DI from uair range.

Top Bottom