• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Pit!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Your Pit seems pretty good in learning spacing techniques, but the Lucas really shoulda tried PSI Magnet for once against your arrows.
I did see you do an F-throw chaingrab at some point. I recommend to do it against heavy chars only, because lighter floaty chars (Yes, even ROB) can avoid it very easily, especially if the opponent knows about good DI.

And hey, isnt that a Japanese Pit? I miss hearing Japanese Pit >_< I wouldnt mind using my Pit against you.

And BTW, Wingdashing = Short Hop + Up-B to D-air D-air, not B-air, but dont worry, I was doing what you did in the past too. Rogue Pit taught me about Wingdashing.
Overall, I like the Pit's spacing capabilities, and you have to be a bit more cautious depending on your matchup.

Did I mention about how much I do miss hearing Japanese Pit? I wonder what happens if my U.S. Pit collides with a Japanese Pit, i mean voice-wise.

tRoll King

Smash Cadet
I may be wrong in saying this, but can't Pit's shield gimp Luca's up+b? If so, try to use that once you see him get knocked off and trying to use it, or possibly just run into if he's trying to recover. Also, I noticed you angled your arrows down a considerable amount of the time. I'm new to Pit, but I think aiming up when he's above you (horizontally speaking, not directly) is generally a good idea :) I don't know if it's that big of a deal to you, but arrow looping is amazing for keeping your enemies on their toes and even edgeguarding.

Note: I'm new to Pit, but just givin' my opinion, so please don't flame if I'm wrong on anything ;O

Afropony

Smash Lord
I realized you seemed to short hop use nair and then press down so that you land on the ground quicker (can't remember the word for it...) If you just short hop and then use a nair then the attack will end right before you touch the ground leaving you with no landing lag.

And yes Pit can gimp Lucas's ^B with the mirror shield if toimed correctly.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i Realized You Seemed To Short Hop Use Nair And Then Press Down So That You Land On The Ground Quicker (can't Remember The Word For It...) If You Just Short Hop And Then Use A Nair Then The Attack Will End Right Before You Touch The Ground Leaving You With No Landing Lag.

And Yes Pit Can Gimp Lucas's ^b With The Mirror Shield If Toimed Correctly.
Toimed!!! Qft

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Thanks guys. And yes, I have a Japanese copy of Brawl. I'll try out those things you told me to do. Pit is a really fun character, even if he's the opposite of Link (Better recovery, better air game....). But I still main Link (plus, how could I main Pit with my name "blu link?" lol). And Wifi is down for me so I won't be accepting any matches lol. And guy above me, we have like the same amount of posts :O

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Whenever ur wifi is up, ill be ready to hear that Japanese Pit and have some fun ^_^

But anyways, Short Hop N-airs work well against larger characters, just another piece of advice.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
One thing, if you miss a short hop to a Nair, let the move continue and don't feel that you have to fast fall. In the end, the landing lag that comes from fast falling it takes long than just letting it continue all the way. This is something that took me a while to get used to.

If you ever have time on wi-fi, you can add me so we can have some good Pit matches. ^_^

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I subconsciously FF Nairs because I use Link and his Nair is so lagless. So I'll try to stop FFing it.

Top Bottom