• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Pit

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
Ok so the main thing that needs work is your approach. I mainly saw apprach with SH dair arrows and dashattack. Instead use SH nair as your approach it works wonders. SH fair also, just be sure to space your aerials well so you don't get shield grabbed. 90% of the time approaching with running up smash = faliure. Don't do it you can be doing better things.

Save your smashes, I saw alot of fsmash which isn't good. Rely on your tilts, arrows, aerials, and AAA for damage save the fsmash for the finisher. So definitely work on incorporating more tilts into your game.

Your edgaurd was pretty good.

So yeah fix your approach and use more tilts, you have potential just practice and I see you as a good pit in no time.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
On that second life that you lost, you could have use the Wings of Icarus to fly to the other side of Final Destination since you were still relatively close to the bottom of the stage itself even though you were on the other side since the Wings take you very far.

I would recommend not using a falling neutral aerial attack because the landing lag that the move produce is highly punishable.

Pit's grabs aren't that good so you shouldn't try to use it very often because in the video, it looked like you just remembered that you could grab with Pit and you started to spam three grabs before you finally got hit and stopped.

Only use rising down aerial when the opponent is fairly open like when he is on an edge instead of attempting to hit him while he is on the ground and ready to shield and counter.

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
No Pits grabs are good, what are you talking about? you can combo from either f throw or d throw and if isn't diminished f throw can kill at like 150%.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Ok so the main thing that needs work is your approach. I mainly saw apprach with SH dair arrows and dashattack. Instead use SH nair as your approach it works wonders. SH fair also, just be sure to space your aerials well so you don't get shield grabbed. 90% of the time approaching with running up smash = faliure. Don't do it you can be doing better things.

Save your smashes, I saw alot of fsmash which isn't good. Rely on your tilts, arrows, aerials, and AAA for damage save the fsmash for the finisher. So definitely work on incorporating more tilts into your game.

Your edgaurd was pretty good.

So yeah fix your approach and use more tilts, you have potential just practice and I see you as a good pit in no time.
Yea, that's the second time I've gotten advice on using my tilts, since I don't use them that much.

I Fsmash alot, because I also work in a lot of arrows and grab jabs, usually, the F smash KO doesn't bother me too much, and with incorporating more tilts, I think it'll fix that.

I'll also take the approaching advice into consideration too, thank you.

On that second life that you lost, you could have use the Wings of Icarus to fly to the other side of Final Destination since you were still relatively close to the bottom of the stage itself even though you were on the other side since the Wings take you very far.

I would recommend not using a falling neutral aerial attack because the landing lag that the move produce is highly punishable.

Pit's grabs aren't that good so you shouldn't try to use it very often because in the video, it looked like you just remembered that you could grab with Pit and you started to spam three grabs before you finally got hit and stopped.

Only use rising down aerial when the opponent is fairly open like when he is on an edge instead of attempting to hit him while he is on the ground and ready to shield and counter.
I was kicking myself on the inside with the WoI death. I knew I should've gone around, and made the bad decision anyway.

I think that while pit's grabs aren't great, they're still good enough, I like where they place my opponent, and like all grabs, it gets through shielding and allows for grab jabs to refresh my moveset.

I'll work on the approach, appropriate d-airing and try to avoid falling n-airs. Thanks for the advice.

PS:I need a cool Pit sig too, lol and the more advice the better.

Top Bottom