• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My OU Doubles Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceArrow

Smash Lord

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Pressure
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs - 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4HP

Protect
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
HP Grass

Zapdos is a very good lead in OU doubles. He has Heat Wave that hits both opponents and he doesn't get hit by Earthquake. I gave Zapdos Protect over Roost because of Explosion. Zapdos with Metagross kill all the common leads because they have great type coverage. Zapdos is also my favorite pokemon in OU.

-------

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Clear Body
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs - 112 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 132 Spe

Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Explosion
Stealth Rock

Metagross and Zapdos work very well together as leads. I cant decide between Stealth Rock and Bullet Punch for the last slot. Since Metagross has the highest Attack in OU Explosion OHKOs everything. I dont know if I should use Adamant or Jolly for a Nature and then I would have to fix the EV spread.

-------

Flareon @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
EVs - 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP

Lava Plume
Fire Blast
Quick Attack
Superpower

Flareon and Heatran both using Lava Plume and getting a fire bonus from Flash Fire deals a ton of damage to the opponent. They are the only 2 Pokemon with Flash Fire and Lava Plume. I have only used Lava Plume the whole time when using this team so the other attacks are pointless.

-------

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
EVs - 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Atk

Lava Plume
Fire Blast
Explosion
Earth Power

Read Flareons description.

-------

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Intimidate
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs - 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Waterfall
Earthquake

If I get in a Dragon Dance I can easily sweep with Earthquake. Gyarados also has good synergy with my team. Gyarados also doesnt get hit by Earthquake so if Zapdos dies i can switch in Gyarados so I dont get hit by Earthquake from Metagross.
-------

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs - 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

My team had a lot of trouble with Flygon so I needed Mamoswine to take care of it. I tried out Weavile but with such terrible defenses he is terrible in Doubles. Mamoswine also has good synergy with my team. I chose Life Orb instead of Choice Band because Choice Items don't work well in OU (not counting Heatrans and Flareons Item).

I have tested this team and it wins 90% of the time. This team has a lot of trouble with Vaporeon and Heatran. I also have trouble against Rain Dance teams.

Riddle

Smash Lord
This team lacks in-depth descriptions of the individiual pokemon as well as an overview of the teams goal. Furthermore, you have not included any threats to the team and it seems as if you havent tested the team yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

Please read the RMT guidelines and fix your RMT so that it is up to the Battle Tower Standards.

Thank you!

ss118

Smash Master
Ok one of the biggest things that Riddle mentioned is how you have absolutely NO central strategy for this team.

The closest thing I see is the Flareon/ Heatran relationship, and that's not really that good. What if one of them dies? Considering EQ is one of the most used moves in the game, it is entirely likely that one will die at some point. But if both are using Lava Plume and one dies, someone else has to take the lava plume hit: which nothing on your team does.

SR + DD are not very good moves in doubles.... ok DD maybe, but not usually.

If you want to keep with this general concept I suggest replacing Metagross with Camerupt and using a sashed set with EQ/ Heat Wave(lava plume maybe?)/ Protect/ Explosion. For Zapdos replace Thunderbolt with Discharge and use Sunny Day over HP Grass. Also give Zapdos a Yache Berry: this allows you to take something like scarfed aboma's blizzard and get rid of the hail, or stop RD teams from walking all over you. A really good thing about this is how well it handles the Togekiss+Bronzong combo: Bronzong is hit twice with SE Fire attacks, likely causing it to faint before it can use Trick Room.

So we have the starters. Now we have your Heatran/ Flareon combo. I like the Heatran part of it: Flareon just adds too many ground weaknesses, especially for doubles. Maybe a grass type like exeggutor would work well: with that you can go something like Leaf Storm/ Zen Headbutt/ Sleep Powder/ Explosion. Meaning this is incredibly useful after you get a sunny day up with zapdos: Heatran can keep his spot, but I suggest no Lava Plume. Keep it scarfed if you want, but use Fire Blast/ Heat Wave/ Earth Power/ Explosion. For the final two slots I suggest two things: a ghost(to help with the three exploders you have), and something else with sunny day. Gengar makes for a good ghost, and if you want you can make it an exploder as well! I'd suggest something like Shadow Ball/ Protect/ Taunt/ Explosion @ Focus Sash. Lastly for your final sunny day-er, I think you should ironically use a water type. Poliwrath might seem strange, but you can abuse Fake Out and his plethora of resistances(an imortant one being his rock one: you don't have anything to stop rock slides otherwise!). Fake Out/ Brick Break/ Sunny Day/ Protect(or something like Ice Punch if you *really* want to hit ghosts).

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You did a nice job adding description to the individual Pokémon and adding a threat list, but you're still lacking an overarching strategy for the team.

Put one together and PM it to me, and I'll edit it in and re-open the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom