• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My New OU Team

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so when I made this team, I decided to base it around Machamp. I read the whole Machamp page on Smogon and followed the team suggestions for it.

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Spd / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch

As you can see, Machamp can **** the opposing team with DynamicPunch. If anything switches into it (like a Rotom form), it can use Payback. I take out other Flying/Bug types (lol Ninjask) with IP and BP... well I use it to take out an opponent with little HP left

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

According to Smogon, Ttar is a great partner for Machamp. Machamp can take out flying types with stone edge, ghost types and psychics with crunch and if I predict right, I can OHKO with Pursuit. EQ are for other Ttars, ice types, and anything else that's weak to ground

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Heatran can take down Skarmories like it's its job. It also takes down any water types that can switch in on Heatran. Splode can be used when... well you know. Also, considering that Spiritombs can switch in and wreak havok with moves like Will-O-Wisp, I can take advantage of Heatran's Flash Fire and give FlameThrower yet more power

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Hardy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Forretress is meant to put up TS/RS SR away. Splode when I'm just about done with him and GB brings down pokemon such as Ttar down with the power that it gets from being slow (note: it has 0 Speed IVs)

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch

Jirachi can come in and annoy the opponent. It can flinch them to hell with IH or take out other pokemon with the elemental punches depending on the type

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 Spd / 64 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Overheat

Now from testing, my team's pretty solid. The one peeve that I have is that Forry just stands there. It really doesn't do anything from all the matches I've done. Asides from that, I don't see anything else wrong, but perhaps you guys can suggest things for me to fix the team up.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm in a rush so I can't give an in-depth team rate but I'm sure everyone would agree that you have WAAYYY too many scarfs.

You're going to be switching in and out so much that you're in deep **** if your opponent has a bunch of entry hazards.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Give Jirachi an Expert Belt to bluff Scarf.

Replace Rotom-F with special MixNape. Blizzard misses half the time and has crappy PP.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Edit in your changes so I can see them? Also, seeing as how a great deal of your team is offensively based, Spikes or Stealth Rock might be of more use to you than Toxic Spikes, as stall will spin away your hazards anyway, and offense would take significantly less overall damage from poison than it would from Spikes or Stealth Rock damage.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Edit in your changes so I can see them? Also, seeing as how a great deal of your team is offensively based, Spikes or Stealth Rock might be of more use to you than Toxic Spikes, as stall will spin away your hazards anyway, and offense would take significantly less overall damage from poison than it would from Spikes or Stealth Rock damage.
Noted

I also took off Choice Scarf off of Heatran because I've seen that when it's about to die, I can't Plode because I'm locked into whatever I'm using. Instead, I put in a Life Orb on it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, Toxic Spikes are really only useful for stall teams. One layer is sometimes useful otherwise, but Spikes are generally better. Consider giving Forretress Spikes over Gyro Ball.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Toxic Spikes are really only useful for stall teams. One layer is sometimes useful otherwise, but Spikes are generally better. Consider giving Forretress Spikes over Gyro Ball.
But the thing is that like Ankoku said, my team is physically based. I think I'm better off with SR over TS

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It is possible to have both Stealth Rock and Spikes, you know. Deoxys-S does it all the time.

ss118

Smash Master
Ignoring those two flaws, I see you getting straight-up swept by any Gyarados after a single DD. And if you ever use Pursuit/ EQ with Tyranitar, it will easily get it's DD.

I would suggest Celebi over Forretress, as you really don't need to RS and it can set up SR as well, while also having good synergy with Heatran. I think a SR/GK/Recover/Earth Power set would be da best, with a bit of speed to outpace adamant lucario maybe. Pour the rest into HP and defenses.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sorry but you're slow now. I've been working with Roach and like I ripped apart his team and put it back together. RMT is now worthless until he changes it.

Top Bottom