• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Ness

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Could you guys rate my Ness and give some helpful hints or something? Also, during your ratings, I would like it to be really specific not just in general stuff (unless there's a problem with the general stuff). Please note that most of you Ness's are probably better than mine so please don't rub it in my face when you see the vid. Also, my and my friend do the dumbest things during our matches like that edgeguard at the end of the vid. We also laugh a lot during our matches that sometimes messes us up. Either way, please rate.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sb80LJSpjvU

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Come on. Doesn't anyone have anything to say? Is it because I'm so good with Ness that I don't need help (or so bad that it's hopeless)?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Maybe I'm just used to playing against Tich and Adat's Marths, but that Marth needs a lot more work than your Ness....

Biggest things I noticed from you:

1. Be careful when DJCing. Do not do it when your opponent is nowhere near you, especially vs. Marth on yoshi's story... If you aren't sure you'll hit, don't DJC.

2. Don't run into fsmash with intent to f-air from the same angle every time. You get hit way too much with fsmash in perfectly avoidable situations. Try dash attacking some of the time. Space it so you're outside of his grab range. Or dash dance and wavedash to bait him to miss before using f-air...

Ask someone else for technical advice. You aren't nearly as fast as you should be, but getting there... :)

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
You don't play Ness like I do. It's weird, actually. If you actually switched things up (learn the timing for Ness' aerial down-a, for example), you could really psyche out opponents. You play decent, I guess, but I have to agree with one of the commentors on the video - you're way too predictable. You don't use Ness' ability to be hard to predict, and so your chances of surviving against high tiers are low at best.

Top Bottom