• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Mewtwo!!!

Fastest

Smash Ace
I didn't have the patience to sit through both matches, but here's a list of things to think about:

-Don't be such a statue. Less shield- more moving around. Unfortunately your opponent isn't that great, so there's no incentive to stop doing what you're doing. However, against more skilled people you're going to be overwhelmed.

-More nair
-More dtilt

-Less B moves (other htan shadowball) overall - I understand that it's a friendly match, and even I'm guilty of throwing out M2's stupid B moves during friendlies. (I try to pretend they're useful.) However, their use should be toned down for serious matches.

-Find a better opponent

-Edgeguard more. Don't be afraid to fly out there with a bair. Especially vs Ness. M2 can easilly get back without much fear.

-Don't be so obvious with your charged shadowball. Just because you have it doesn't mean you should use it.

-Don't roll. If you must, teleport.

-Dthrow when the opponent is at low percents. (At least vs Ness anyway) Learn how to best combo/tech chase each character.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
hahaha

fastest, you play w/ tongji? your sig's awesome.

i don't get to play with anyone. period. :(

At Topic: Wavedash with your shield a lot, short hop Nair is good. (out of shield too!)

daddy neptune

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! Yeah I do need a better opponent so I can put on a better show. I live a little distance away from the IC and Samus players that are good but I can't get to them. I'll use more WD d-tilts more often. The B moves were slip ups and were supposed to be teleports. The Ness player slips up every time I throw a shadow ball that why I just threw them like I did so I can get that grab or random tilt in. My bad for being so boring also. Believe me I move when there are hard people to fight. I just exploited that Ness' weakness of F-air.... grab.

Fastest

Smash Ace
hahaha

fastest, you play w/ tongji? your sig's awesome.

i don't get to play with anyone. period. :(

At Topic: Wavedash with your shield a lot, short hop Nair is good. (out of shield too!)
I've played him, yeah. Apparently 5150 thinks his M2 is a domestic cat while mine is a big orange tiger.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
a solution for all mewtwo's starting out: wave dash more.

you should also use less teleports. it has enough vulnerable frames to constantly put you in situations where you would get punished.

-Don't roll. If you must, teleport.
its quite the other way around i believe.

lots of characters have attacks that stun your shield, which they would use to follow up into combos. examples include fox's dair to shine/grab, falco's laser to grab, etc. in such scenarios, instead of getting grabbed, roll is your best option. the shield stun prevents you from wavedashing or teleporting, however shield stun hardly affects your roll.

teleport should be used at minimal. teleport often helps you escape aerial combos. but teleport has a delay that is long enough for you to get hit. teleport only comes with few invincible frames, other frames, you are vulnerable.

you will often find yourself with enough time to execute teleport, but not enough time to actually escape their combos. experience helps you determine when is a proper time to use teleport.

the thing about rolling is, it ensures that you will get out of a situation. it doesnt alwyas garentee safety after the roll, but at least you are out of the danger you were in. in fact, if you are rolling outside of the shield stun, your safety is almost absolute because your enemy also has cooldown to slow him down. on top of all, mewtwo's roll is one of the longer rolls.

so in short, if your shield is getting hammered, roll away.

AHHH LONG POST

Fastest

Smash Ace
He was rolling for no reason.

"If you must, teleport" means - if you must roll for no reason, teleport instead.

Roll where appropriate and not for spacing. Either wavedash or teleport for that.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit that I only watched the first one, but there are a couple things that I'd like to point out.
Mewtwo has a neat little trick where he can gain a little bit of extra height on his moves from performing an arial 'A' attack at the right time. (Watch shadowclaw if you don't know what i mean). You should probably try to incorporate that into your game.

As people have already said, you need to work on getting your wavedashing down. Try to work it into your game more effectively. At the moment, it seems as though you just use it very, very defensively, and practice it when the opponent dies.

The only other thing I could notice, was that you used a nair approach from a long way away. I could be wrong, but you should probably work on finding more ways to approach. The nair is a great move, but if you start it from far away, your opponent can really hurt you for it.

I wish that I were good enough to give you better answers, or more useful advice, but I hope that you can get something out of this. I also will concede to people who would say differently.
It's entirely likely that they know more than me with Mewtwo.

Good Luck improving your game,

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Watched 2nd... I enjoyed that Ness player quite a lot, good show. M2 I think needs to be more distant on the ground and better, much better in the air.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
the one thing that i really noticed was this: please, please, PLEASE JC GRAB. it pains me to see a good grab opportunity go to waste. you did some of the time, but to really be good you need to be able to jc grab every time. also, this is a random note but against a ness, using a charging shadowball as an edgeguard works pretty well; stand facing the middle of the stage with it out, it'll usually outprioritize ness' triple jump and most times the opponent will di towards the stage, giving you a chance to nail him with it too. that's my experience with it at least, anyone else feel free to prove me wrong.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
F-air. you didn't use it once, at least in the first match, thats the only one I watched, you really didn't play offensive at all, you just wait for him to attack you, shield it, then shield grab, from what I saw. you got about four thousand grabs on the ness.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
In the first vid, I gotta say, don't be so evasive. Mewtwo is extremely aggressive, and has good priority against ness for the most part. Also, speed should go up, and more WD for evasion.

Top Bottom