• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Metaknight

Shears

Smash Master
wow you dont suck, i was surprised, expecting to watch some madd noobish vids. your MK was smart and well played tips: use the tornado, use it alot (not too much but you seem smart enough to understand that). everyone will hate you but you will always win. you used your glide to recover quite frequently which is really good but you never used the glide attack. use it. you wont lose your jumps and can still do your upB after (unless you do your glide attack out of upB). its a great offensive move, good knockback, good range, good amount of damage, and against almost every character and their moves it has better priority. use the upB for attack and KOing, its one of your best KO moves. i noticed you werent afraid to go off the edge and chase down your opponent. real good idea, keep at it and try and aim for edgehogging when you see them recover. to edgeguard real well if theyre already on the ledge, sit above and use the tornado. i noticed you would short hop to dair which is good and works for getting the KO in, but if theyre at low % just use the tornado at the edge. other than that play as you do, its some good stuff. everything i said you wouldve probably learned in about a week cause your MK doesnt suck.

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice
wow you dont suck, i was surprised, expecting to watch some madd noobish vids. your MK was smart and well played tips: use the tornado, use it alot (not too much but you seem smart enough to understand that). everyone will hate you but you will always win. you used your glide to recover quite frequently which is really good but you never used the glide attack. use it. you wont lose your jumps and can still do your upB after (unless you do your glide attack out of upB). its a great offensive move, good knockback, good range, good amount of damage, and against almost every character and their moves it has better priority. use the upB for attack and KOing, its one of your best KO moves. i noticed you werent afraid to go off the edge and chase down your opponent. real good idea, keep at it and try and aim for edgehogging when you see them recover. to edgeguard real well if theyre already on the ledge, sit above and use the tornado. i noticed you would short hop to dair which is good and works for getting the KO in, but if theyre at low % just use the tornado at the edge. other than that play as you do, its some good stuff. everything i said you wouldve probably learned in about a week cause your MK doesnt suck.
thanks man i will keep that in mind.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
^ everything he said, with 1 or 2 teensy details.
1. Abuse the hell out of SH f-airing.
2. A nice tactic I use for recovering, if you are either on/approaching the edge and they're waiting for you, hit them in the face with a shuttle loop. Even if they block, you still have the opportunity for a glide attack when you come back around. I have yet to fight someone who hasn't been caught by that, not like that's saying much though ^_^

Shears

Smash Master
^ everything he said, with 1 or 2 teensy details.
1. Abuse the hell out of SH f-airing.
2. A nice tactic I use for recovering, if you are either on/approaching the edge and they're waiting for you, hit them in the face with a shuttle loop. Even if they block, you still have the opportunity for a glide attack when you come back around. I have yet to fight someone who hasn't been caught by that, not like that's saying much though ^_^
i usually do the SH to dair just because you can easily continue to jump and dair without hitting the ground and have land lag. yah upB to glide attack is really good especially for recovery, you can catch alot of people off guard with it. but eventually theyll block the glide attack because they know its coming but it doesnt matter. theres no lag after the glide attack so you can just dsmash or grab before they even have a chance. if youre on the edge, just drop down and quickly do the upB to glide attack to dsmash/grab/shield/roll/tornado/whatever the **** you want because youre metaknight and no one can stop you.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
i usually do the SH to dair just because you can easily continue to jump and dair without hitting the ground and have land lag. yah upB to glide attack is really good especially for recovery, you can catch alot of people off guard with it. but eventually theyll block the glide attack because they know its coming but it doesnt matter. theres no lag after the glide attack so you can just dsmash or grab before they even have a chance. if youre on the edge, just drop down and quickly do the upB to glide attack to dsmash/grab/shield/roll/tornado/whatever the **** you want because youre metaknight and no one can stop you.
You, my friend, could not be more dead on ^_^

Shentao

Smash Cadet
As a metaknight main, this quote is full of win, and if possible Id like to get some wifi matches going with you as well as anyone else, I lack any friends who are decent at smash. Also, Ignore my sig, im too lazy to change it atm and I need to head for bed (11pm on school night...bleh)

Shears

Smash Master
i would love to play other people because i beat all of my friends because i know how to play them too well and i always lose to chillin...but the wifi on my roomates wii (the only wii i use) doesnt work, and if it does there is an incredible amount of lag. like basically you could kill me before its finished saying GO on my tv.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
As a metaknight main, this quote is full of win, and if possible Id like to get some wifi matches going with you as well as anyone else, I lack any friends who are decent at smash. Also, Ignore my sig, im too lazy to change it atm and I need to head for bed (11pm on school night...bleh)
Just might take that offer Shentao ^_^

Shentao

Smash Cadet
Awesome, hopefully the lag won't be too bad, and a forewarning, im not spectactular, so you may whup my ***...but I still want to learn to get better. ~_~

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
not bad u did some pretty cool stuff that u probably weren't payin attention i might have to steal this. However, u need to fight a good snake and wolf player cuz those 2 r my hardest match-ups.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind facing against you, However I'd have to find one of my gamecube controllers Eventually (I've taken all of my matches on with the Wiimote/Nunchuck so far, so I should prolly get back into using the GC Controller before I take on an Actual match). I've gone 1v2 against my friends with Meta Knight and Still managed to beat em both, but they aren't anywhere close to the skills I've seen in some of the video matches here.

The 1v2 match was with the only two friends I have registered, so I do need to add more to my list.

Shentao

Smash Cadet
Sure, hopefully ill be enough of a challenge for you, Im probably not quite as good as the guy in the vid, need to work on my spot dodging and shieldgrabbing more, but I don't have anyone the I can play on a regular basis and get better by playing them, I've already got you registered if you ever want to fight.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I'm not the kind of person who underestimates my opponents before I face em, so at the moment you'll probably be the biggest challenge for me. =D

I'll have you added most likely by tomorrow. I'm not always next to my Wii but it's within driving distance (basically its over at my dad's house. XD)

I'll definitely be on from Thursday-Sunday in the Afternoon this week though if you want to play a few rounds.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, hopefully the lag won't be too bad, and a forewarning, im not spectactular, so you may whup my ***...but I still want to learn to get better. ~_~
That's always the best attitude ^_^

EDIT: Ehh, yeah, pardon the accidental "Threadjacking" there Anklez >.>

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
You are good
You're biggest flaw is being too predictable. Your style is very SSBM. I don't know how to describe it, but I am sure anyone savvy of ssbm will understand. Meta Night is a new character with new moves but you use him too much like Sheik, Falco, Fox in melee especially. His specials are fast, and surprising and i think that you can implement those. He is a very fast character and i think that is what makes you a lil impatient. You play extremely fast but he is fast enough, the speed will take care of itself.
Try exploring more. You are at a very good starting point my friend. You can explore so much more with MK though. I feel you are at the point where you need to start researching the DETAILS of this character. Once you implement the specials especially at the right times, you will be on your way to greatness.

I noticed no one talks about DownB. Very helpful. Chance for more exploring.

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice
You are good
You're biggest flaw is being too predictable. Your style is very SSBM. I don't know how to describe it, but I am sure anyone savvy of ssbm will understand. Meta Night is a new character with new moves but you use him too much like Sheik, Falco, Fox in melee especially. His specials are fast, and surprising and i think that you can implement those. He is a very fast character and i think that is what makes you a lil impatient. You play extremely fast but he is fast enough, the speed will take care of itself.
Try exploring more. You are at a very good starting point my friend. You can explore so much more with MK though. I feel you are at the point where you need to start researching the DETAILS of this character. Once you implement the specials especially at the right times, you will be on your way to greatness.

I noticed no one talks about DownB. Very helpful. Chance for more exploring.
thanks man I appreciate it and yea i want to start to incorporate down b so i need to play around with that. Also that is my first day of playing metaknight seriously. Also i mained Fox, falco, sheik in melee so good job picking up on that.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
thanks man I appreciate it and yea i want to start to incorporate down b so i need to play around with that. Also that is my first day of playing metaknight seriously. Also i mained Fox, falco, sheik in melee so good job picking up on that.
Yea I would have to say your Start with Meta Knight is really good! I think that everyone here has hit on the fixes though, but I'm learning some different things as well.

I'm also trying to find some different ways to try to use Down B but no real results so far. As Far I have been able to use Down B Effectively is a form of Dodging by combining it with some mind game play. still not working completely though, but I'm trying to mix these things up a bit to see if anything works.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
the problem i see is that you used way to many tornados.........to me they are a desporation matter if your a little behind use a torado , if ther rushing you tornado. it takes zero skill to use and gets in a quick 10% ..... but other then that it was impresive.

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice
the problem i see is that you used way to many tornados.........to me they are a desporation matter if your a little behind use a torado , if ther rushing you tornado. it takes zero skill to use and gets in a quick 10% ..... but other then that it was impresive.
lol thanks but lol i only used tornado to recover lol i only did it so he couldn't attack me with an aerial attack lol. Also inorder to make the tornado go up is to hit is multiple times lol although that is near zero skill it is still some lol <-- joke dont take that seriously.

Top Bottom