• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Meta Knight Videos from 2MAN

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice

GodotAA

Smash Ace
Just from what i saw.

Don't use the Dimensional cape from above the stage. Don't use it alot at all even.
I only use it when im dashing up to the guy i up down b and go behind them.

Abuse your Down smash for it is your best attack.

Spot dodge into downsmash with metaknight is really good.

Dotn use drill rush to attack use it to auto grab the ledge like you tried to do it seems but died.

USe your up b alot for it is your second most reliable kill move behind the downsmash.

If there are floating off the edge but close tot he stage use an up b. They can air dodge it but some times its too fast and it kill them at 40 and its just hilarious.

ALSO Stage spikes. If someone is near that little pocket on FD use up it will **** them and you will get the ledge and an easy kill.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I agree with most of GodotAA's points. I wouldn't recommend the Mach Tornado-focus on your Down Smash and only use Drill Rush if neccessary-It won't do much against characters like Pikmin and Olimar, because they'll shield grab you and you'll be in a world of hurt.

This link may be of use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-vqKEY68Y

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
I might use dimensial cape for a surprise attack when they arent looking.
do it after being launched in the air, come above their head and attack unexpectedlly.

Solide

Smash Rookie
Abuse your Down smash for it is your best attack.
Eh, I don't agree with this. MK's D-smash is one of his best kill moves, and if you use it too often, it'll be ineffectual when it comes time to actually kill (due to reduced knockback from Brawl's Spam Control). As an MK player I can emphasize that it's extremely important to conserve your good KO moves - MK doesn't have a whole lot of them.

Other than that, a few things:

-When you use the Drill, always cancel it into the ground. This will save you the pain of a lot of lag.
-With Mach Tornado, always try to land the final blow, the attack just before MK exits his Tornado stance. This is the one that knocks back the opponent and gives you some breathing room.
-As a rule, try not to finish Mach Tornado while in the air; you'll go into FallSpecial and your opponent won't, making it easier for him to hit you.
-Use the N-air to finish opponents while they're off the stage - don't rely on the glide attack too much (use it a lot, but not in every single case). As I said, attacks wear down over time, so if you use it too much, you're going to have a hard time using it when it's really needed. U-air, F-air, D-air, and N-air are all extremely useful for KO'ing an opponent (though it's likely that your F-air will be worn down from SHFAs, but that still leaves you with three) that's offstage.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I don't agree with this. MK's D-smash is one of his best kill moves, and if you use it too often, it'll be ineffectual when it comes time to actually kill (due to reduced knockback from Brawl's Spam Control). As an MK player I can emphasize that it's extremely important to conserve your good KO moves - MK doesn't have a whole lot of them.

Other than that, a few things:

-When you use the Drill, always cancel it into the ground. This will save you the pain of a lot of lag.
-With Mach Tornado, always try to land the final blow, the attack just before MK exits his Tornado stance. This is the one that knocks back the opponent and gives you some breathing room.
-As a rule, try not to finish Mach Tornado while in the air; you'll go into FallSpecial and your opponent won't, making it easier for him to hit you.
-Use the N-air to finish opponents while they're off the stage - don't rely on the glide attack too much (use it a lot, but not in every single case). As I said, attacks wear down over time, so if you use it too much, you're going to have a hard time using it when it's really needed. U-air, F-air, D-air, and N-air are all extremely useful for KO'ing an opponent (though it's likely that your F-air will be worn down from SHFAs, but that still leaves you with three) that's offstage.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Top Bottom