• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Mario!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
As you might or might not know, Olimar is my main and probably will continue to be so unless the metagame drastically changes. I've provided some videos of my Mario for your entertainment.

Singles (Friendly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAy6VQKu05k

If you are bored, check out my other video threads and help me find a secondary!

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
who are you and why are you spamming the same threads all over the place? If you're looking for a secondary, no one can tell you. Only you decide. I should recommend looking at match-up charts to compliment your Olimar. Other than that, play who you're comfortable with.

By the way, nice Mario:)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'm Emmy, and I answered that question in the Marth thread. In case you missed it, here's the answer:

Because asking people "what character should I play?" makes NO sense without videos to compare. Also, I like to see if anyone thinks i have potential with anyone in the game really.. Not to mention, people have asked me questions such as "oh why don't you play marth, anyone can pick him up?" There's your answer.

Matchup charts don't help me. I only care if I have potential with a character. That matters more than what the matchups say.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I say you're average. Here's some advice:

• Use bair more. Has good priority and Mario can do a wall of pain with it, too.
  • I didn't see you use uair either. It's good for juggling and can be a surprise attack for edgeguarding when used backwards.
  • Use more fireballs for pressure and openings.
  • Nair comes out quick and can be used for breaking out of bad situations. Use it at those times and to set up for the jab lock.
  • Don't ever use fair like that in the match you posted. You did it too late. Besides, fair is slow and has pre and post lag that make the attack less useful. Use it for spiking sparingly.
  • For edgeguarding, use cape, FLUDD, bair, and at times uair. Mario's sweet at edgeguarding.
  • Use D-smash more. It comes out quick and is good for killing. For F-smash, use it when your opponent makes a mistake. Also, you get more range when you walk away. Also, U-smash ruins dreams due to its range. You can even get the opponent behind you with it.

Also, Mario's awesome. Hope he becomes one of your secondaries. :)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Takeshi pretty much covered it, but I just wanted to mention that Ness is probably the most important person to charge your FLUDD for. It's almost a guaranteed gimp if he's forced to use his third jump because the water pushes him out of the trajectory of the upB. Your approach should consist of mostly fireballs, spaced Bairs, Dairs or double aerials usually having the second aerial a nair for priority. Those are usually very reliable.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Good advice there, Matador. Ness isn't that much of a problem when using Mario. Also, one more thing:

Use attacks out of shield for countering. Trust me on this one. It's really good for putting your opponent in a bad spot. Use especially D-smash, U-smash, bair, uair, and dair. Dair's a good aerial for Mario to get out of sticky situations, comboing, and juggling.

Hope this extra advice helps you! :)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
If Rapid's an average Mario, then I must be pretty **** good :p
I jest. You have more potential with Mario judging from the video, than with the G&W videos you posted.
These guys gave you some good advice, and I would definitely like to see how you've improved if you ever do decide to use Mario.

Nearing the 2 minute mark, after you caped Ness and he PKt2, instead of an Fsmash, you should of ran up and caped a second time. This would of messed his DI up and he would of fallen to his death.

So yeah. Heavy characters like to ge utilted multiple times and then upB'd.
Cape and Fludd more.
And fit in a few more aerials.

Overall, not bad.
I can see seconding Mario helping your Olimar's air game if you do take him up.

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
yeah ur mario isn't bad from the 10 seconds i watched but u dont need these threads to see how well ur characters r. go to tournys or something and play tons of ppl.

Top Bottom