• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Link

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Only watch the 2nd one, 1st one is too laggy.

Less spaming projectiles and more sword play. Work on your spacing, there many times I see you just stood there pulling out a bomb and you left yourself open

T-Nice

Smash Cadet
Nice Link man, I think your playing him just fine... I think the Link in Brawl is all about his items now, no longer about his sword play... which is why I think they weaken him in his fighting... because I remember in Melee... Link didn't have to use his items that much, he was that strong. But nice Link, keep it up.

HaseoXth000

Smash Rookie
I agree with Heavyarms2050. You leave yourself open while pulling bombs out. It's a good idea to work on your swordplay as Link's swordplay is better than in melee. Try out new things and hopefully you can improve more.

Evolution1988

Smash Rookie
Go on youtube and search for Linkology and The Hylian Nightmare... Linkology is done by Germ, probably the best link player in the world, or at least out of the ones i've seen.

Learn how to drop bombs instead of throwing them... also, NEVER pull bombs out on the ground... leaves you open. If you pull them out in the air, Link pulls them faster. Also, when your boomerang comes back to you it leaves you open. Either jump in the air when grabbing your boomerang or pull a bomb out to cut out the tiem it would leave you open. Or better yet, jump and pull out a bomb.

Other than that, work on your swordplay. Learn how to fast fall and platform cancel and you'll be solid. My favorite move is to short jump, fast fall into Link's D-Air move (sword plant), and then platform cancel and go into his smash moves. Lots of fun. :D

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
Go on youtube and search for Linkology and The Hylian Nightmare... Linkology is done by Germ, probably the best link player in the world, or at least out of the ones i've seen.

Learn how to drop bombs instead of throwing them... also, NEVER pull bombs out on the ground... leaves you open. If you pull them out in the air, Link pulls them faster. Also, when your boomerang comes back to you it leaves you open. Either jump in the air when grabbing your boomerang or pull a bomb out to cut out the tiem it would leave you open. Or better yet, jump and pull out a bomb.

Other than that, work on your swordplay. Learn how to fast fall and platform cancel and you'll be solid. My favorite move is to short jump, fast fall into Link's D-Air move (sword plant), and then platform cancel and go into his smash moves. Lots of fun. :D
The cancel doesn't work in brawl. :p
It's just my opinion, but I think that aniki is better than Germ. Oh well. :p

Top Bottom