• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my friends DDD

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
First of all, less smashes. You just don't spam forward smash with Dedede. Ever. Never. Unless you sing (quite loudly) "I've been workin' on the railroad" while doing it.

The Dedede's game was extremely ground-based. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but Dedede has five jumps and an awesome B-air; use them. Actually, I didn't see a single B-air the entire game.

I don't want to encourage spamming the grab button, but more grabbing would be nice, especially if the Dedede learned how to chaingrab, which is something I would highly recommend.

The up-B's 30000 frames of lag makes it not very good as an attack most of the time. Don't try it.

Finally, although the Jet Hammer looks cool, it's just not worth it most of the time.

I'm sure that I've come across quite harsh in my suggestions; I usually do. Because of that, let me assure you that I do not intend to hurt your feelings, or anything like that. I mean to help, even if I do a crappy job of it! :D

Hope I helped!

whut?

Smash Journeyman
your brother needs improvement, just like everyone needs improvement.
He wont learn anything if he doesnt join or read threads in this forum, its arguably one of the best sources for ddd knowledge, next to experience.
he seemed slow to react, like at 0:28 he could have shielded wizards foot
(now that i look at it, i think he tried an fsmash?)

fsmash is great, it has killer range & power, if you dont sweetspot it your opponent gets sent into the air, good for a follow up. he just needs to know not to spam this move & when to use it.

there was a lack of tilts, no Utilts at all, which could have ended the game earlier.
he used too many smashes, and used them at the wrong time. especially uSmash and fSmash. he also used upB way too much when not recovering, basically, tell your brother to register here and read the forums.

PanamaConMan

Smash Cadet
I'm no DDD main, but like the others said, don't use forward smash as much. Also, you used the dash attack a bit too much for my liking, dash attacks for me work better as a surprise rather than an actual approach. I think the big problem is that your friend didn't use enough of DDD's abilities and mainly stuck to a few which made him somewhat predictable, and he should use the waddle dee toss a little more. Hope this helps.:bee:

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
It does. But he is much much better now. If he records another video I will post it here and show you how much he has improved.

Top Bottom