• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Falcon (vids)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hello everyone,

I`m just looking for some criticism on my Falcon. I have 2 recent tournament matches here against Kage, a pretty good Ganon player.

ThatGuy(Falcon) vs Kage(Ganon) 1

ThatGuy(Falcon) vs Kage(Ganon) 2

I like the second match better because I feel I performed better, even though I did worse. Plus, Falcon stadium is nicer than Fountain of Ganon :lick:

Appraise, compliment, or flame away.

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
your garbage dont ever play falcon again(just wanted to get the flames outta the way)

your falcon looked not too bad,umm ill usually throw ganons up dont remember if you did i have a short memory but hes so big and fat its easy to combo him with your Nairs or Uairs.There were times you could have easily kept him off the stage but we all make mistakes.Im not all that great with falcon myself so ill just add 1 more thing and I think its the most important for any falcon player,throw in some taunts since hes just a sexy beast

Rage.

Smash Ace
You need to pull out more ****
there wasent enough ****
there needs to be more ****
if you can get the **** out you will ****

good advice?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
good falcon,sucked that you got mindgamed the last stocked :(

my advice would not to always fight ganon near the edge of the stage.

TheBlackNoodle

Smash Rookie
Well, here's the things I noticed...

1. You're not exploiting Falcon's grab game. You're DD'ing a lot into knees and stomps, which you usually space pretty well, but if you mix in jump canceled grabs, the Ganon won't be able to hide in his shield. A few grabs and you could have comboed the crap out of him.

2. Speaking of DD'ing, it didn't seem to be throwing Kage off at all, probably because he's used to seeing it from good players. If you vary the length of your DD, as well as the pattern you move in, it'll be easier to confuse him. You can also mix in some wavedashes and stuff. Just little movement tricks. (You already do a lot of this, I'm just saying to make it more random.)

3. On your recovery, it seemed to me like a lot of time you jumped too early out of reflex. I could be wrong--maybe you were trying to avoid Ganon jumping out and smacking you--but you could have fallen a bit further and tried to sweetspot the edge. I don't play any good Ganons, though, so maybe you know something I don't.

Just what I think, take it for what it's worth. ;)

Roman.

Smash Champion
I liked the falcon kicks... ummmm they were nice. Kind of gave me an idea to destract my opponent by throwing one in the beginning of the match. You know, get there mind off the match and just thinking "What is this guy doing? Easy match for sure if he's falcon kicking."

$$$@@@***!!!SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!!!***@@@$$$

Oh yeah, you played good by the way. Work on your edge guarding. A lot of the times I was wishing that you would wavedash to the edge everytime he sweetspotted it. It is safe to do your dair a little away from the edge but you were a good distance away!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Thanks for the advice guys. I actually tried avoiding fighting near the edge but Kage is pretty good at forcing me and keeping me there =(

Also, I normally sweetspot; but against Ganon, I jump early and go high a lot, because his Uair edgeguard wrecks Falcon so bad with its huge hitbox.

Can anyone else help out?

Top Bottom