• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my falcon 2

metashinryu

Smash Ace
Hi falconboards,long time without posting,but love for melee hit my door once again

this time i present you these 3 vids of me playing vs my bro,hes still new to the game and im convincing him to play more,but hes decent enough to make an opponent other than cpus

Starting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFTzLu6Iank

warmed up(And pissed off too): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvPA2KZs2II

Final sesion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZE-fm_JerE

I used to play on FD only so yoshi storys not my best stage as u can see,again,bros still noobish,but rate my speed,style,follow ups,DI and whatnot

rate him too

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
1. Get a better camera or dazzle or something cause that quality pissed me off.
2. Unlock all the stages cause that pissed me off as well
3. If possible play someone thats not a noobie link. (no offence to the link)
4. You spelled "dittos" wrong theres no "E" that pissed me off too.

You tend to finish combos even if the link isnt there. Like upair to knee where the link jumped away before the last knee. I know its a friendly but if you play play competitively learn to back off when the odds of you getting that last knee in an upair combo are slim to none. Start to recognize how much hit stun your opponent has, just pay attention to percent basically.

I can barely comment on the falcon dittos they were just super friendlies one of which was on a borderline homosexual stage. All i can say is learn how to wall tech...raptor boast a bit more but in situations where you know where there going to be(like a techchase) and tech chase more. Oh and stop double jumping when you dont need to, a good smasher will often intercept you and combo you off the stage then you have no jumps and cant return.

Bottom line play better ppl and the list i made at the beginning. Focus on spacing and the basics, L canceling, reading etc. Then post another vid and we'll try again.

Tell your bro to read some falcon or link tutorials lol.

sorry for the **** advice haha.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's easier to moonwalk from a dashdance ... much easier than doing it from neutral at any rate

I feel like having an opponent that knows a bit more about playing the game would help ... it doesn't seem like your brother really knows how to play yet ¬.¬

Raptor boost is pretty bad from neutral ... I guess what Brandon was getting at is it can be used to cover multiple tech options while techchasing but you can do the same just by being fast

Iono, your bro needs to learn tech skill before anything else because right now just the fact that you can SHFFLC means you can probably 2-3 stock him pretty easily all the time ~_~

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
Flick it to the right side and do a half circle back to the left. Don't go through the center. It will be like going from 2π to π (right to left under the origin) in an ellipse with your control stick. The quicker you can get the control stick back to the direction you dashed the moment before your moonwalk, the farther you will slide. So you just perform the normal controls but you have some dashes before it.

JustdaTIP

Smash Rookie
Flick it to the right side and do a half circle back to the left. Don't go through the center. It will be like going from 2π to π (right to left under the origin) in an ellipse with your control stick. The quicker you can get the control stick back to the direction you dashed the moment before your moonwalk, the farther you will slide. So you just perform the normal controls but you have some dashes before it.
ok the part that confuses me is when i'm not allowed to go through the center. same senario, after my initial flick of the control stick to the left. when i'm moving the stick back right can it pass through the center? or is it only not allowed to pass through the center when i'm doing the half circle back to the left??

thanks in advance

Top Bottom