• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Falcon 1st time vid

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey, i was just wondering what u guys think of my falcon, havent been playing falcon too long and versed Omar (bloodofthefallen) hes a crazy sheik. was in a small tourney here in AZ and went falco so just tell me what u guys think, my 1st matched sucked badly but this one i did alright.

Dark (CaptFalcon) Vs Omar (Shiek) Rd 2: Google Video

RatedMForPie

Smash Rookie
my opinion, i give you a 6, because you know your skills, but your timeing and mind game isn't that good. (my opinion!)

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
Not bad. As the others are saying you need to use the grab more. Cancel some aerials into grabs. Also, the side B is a great setup, but you have other options, try not to overruse it because it's easily punishable. Other than that, mad squabbles.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
thx guys, yeah i know i should grab more, i do a lot towards falco and fox and tech chase grabbing them, but i havent had any practice against sheiks so its just a little awkward for me

technomancer

Smash Champion
Eaode, no, but you can techchase her on the down throw, even though that isn't very good either.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
uair/nair more instead of dair vs sheik

everytime you raptor boosted, you would do the same thing and it kept not working. work on that. :)

audreyh

Smash Ace
can CF chainthrow sheik?
yes, at low percents with both dthrow and uthrow( you've gota be really quick with the regrab when uthrowing because sheik can nair really early) as long as sheik doesn't DI away.

leeharris100

Smash Rookie
I don't think you used nair once through that whole video. Nair is a great approach move, especially against people with high priority like Sheik.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Lee- that's inaccurate, Sheik's ftilt, jab, dash attack, Fair and Bair will beat a nair. Bair is better if you need speed and power, but it's difficult to space against Sheik.

leeharris100

Smash Rookie
Nvm, I don't know which video I thought belonged to this thread, but I watched yours again and you did use nair. Maybe i'm going crazy?

Cups

Smash Ace
I thought you had a good falcon, good skill, good comeback, I would give you a 7 or 8. The grabs, mind games, and spacing might need a little work, but I am new to this whole thing.

Solid Cake

Smash Cadet
I'll say what the others are saying, but I really need to stress the grabs! C.Falcons grabs are good, so use them more often. Other than that a pretty good Falcon, 6.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Grab, grab, grab! And combo from those grabs!
Also, your ledge game needs work. For the most part, you just rolled or did a regular A attack from the ledge. I recommend some edgehop UAirs, NAirs and FAirs more often. And mix them around a bit to throw off your opponent. Good CF, though. Definitely better than mine. How long have you been using him?

Top Bottom