• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Falco

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
You've got the basic technical stuff down: your shffl timing is great, and you can WD when you want to do it, you just don't use it in combat (that takes some practice. WDing is something tough to apply when you first try to).

Like the_air_up_there7 said, you need to learn to SHL. You didn't use your laser at all that game, and it's your best move (yes, I and many other Falcos agree that it's better then his shine). Watch that match again, and pay attention to any time you dashed towards your opponent; all of them should have been advancing SHL (well, obviously, you won't SHL approach EVERY time, but you deffinitly want it to be your main approach. Even if your opponent knows it's comming, it's very hard to get around if done properly).

I think once you learn to SHL (and I mean fast and well), your game will improve 700 billion fold. Seriously. That's what you should be focusing on right now. You've got potential, but without the SHL, you're only a fraction of what you could be.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I do SHL but i tend not to do it in fountain of dreams because the platforms raising usually screw me up

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You got lucky those times when Fox missed shining your upb and missing the edgehog. You missed a few of the easier opprotunities to edgeguard.
Yeah, Fod messes me up a little with those shifting platforms. Wavedashing and even wavelanding will make your Falco faster. Mixing up your recovery helps some against a Fox that can consistently shinespike you, and if you master ledgeteching and walljump teching, then your chances of recovering successfully increase a lot. Pretty good Falco I'll say.
:psycho:

Top Bottom