• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my donphan

asob4

Smash Champion
it's mostly for support
lvl 90
nature sassy (too lazy to breed for impish so i figured this was good enough)
ev 252 HP 6 atk 252 def
ability sturdy
rapid spin
knock off
thunder fang (once again, too lazy to breed for ice shard, but will be replaced with stone edge most likely once i get another one)
EQ

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Stealth Rock
Thunder Fang
Rapid Spin
Ice Shard(Good for SMences and 2koing GChomps just capture a Swinub by cheating the games daily events and it should know Ice Shard, breed it with a female Phampy/Donphan and get a Macargo to reduce the amount of steps needed to hatch an egg.)

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
If you get hit by something like Leech Seed or Toxic spikes , Donphan will be able to get rid of it.
i agree, a donphan with:
-ice shard
-thunder fang
-rapid spin/earthquake
-stealth rock

that is a pretty good moveset for donphan...
i would not necessarily go with rapid spin simply because donphan should at least know a move that is the same type of it... earthquake will crush electric types... if it knew rapid spin it could not beat electric pokemon so easily... although rapid spin could be very helpful as well...

PS: 200th post! oh yeah! :cool:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Rapid Spin gets rid of Spikes and Stealth Rock, which are very common.

Earthquake
Ice Shard/Stone Edge
Rapid Spin
Knock Off/Roar/Stealth Rock

Ice Shard severely hurts Salamence, Flygon, Dragonite and Garchomp, and can also be used against Flails/Reversal sweeps. Stone Edge is stronger and hits Flying types harder. Knock Off can be useful not only for your team, but also against Pokes with Leftovers trying to wall your attacks(Hippowdon, Tangrowth, etc). His good defense makes him able to phaze physical sweepers with Roar. Stealth Rock can not only hurt Pokes on the switch, but can also hurt Flyers coming in on Donphan's EQ.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
6 ATTACK?
Are my eyes taking the piss or is that ok for an attack.
He said his Donphan was "mostly for support", so it doesn't have to be offensive. The EV spread allows it to soak up physical attacks better.

Jabroni

Smash Cadet
He said his Donphan was "mostly for support", so it doesn't have to be offensive. The EV spread allows it to soak up physical attacks better.
Oh sorry im just not really up to scratch on my pokemon knowledge thats all. If i had i choice though it'd be all power.:chuckle:

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
what would be a better nature for donphan, impish or adamant? i recently got one of each while breeding and was wondering which one would be better... i plan to use this donphan mostly for support...
moveset for future:
252 DEF 252 S.DEF 6 HP?
-ice shard
-earthquake
-stealth rock
-rapid spin/ knock off, which one would be better?

any advice is appreciated, thanks...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
what would be a better nature for donphan, impish or adamant? i recently got one of each while breeding and was wondering which one would be better... i plan to use this donphan mostly for support...
moveset for future:
252 DEF 252 S.DEF 6 HP?
-ice shard
-earthquake
-stealth rock
-rapid spin/ knock off, which one would be better?

any advice is appreciated, thanks...
Well, if it's mostly for support and not offense, Impish would be better so it can soak up physical attacks better for the team.

Does your team fear Stealth Rock? Choose Rapid Spin. Do you fear Choice Banded Pokes, or hate it when Pokes with Leftovers wall you? Choose Knock Off.

For the EVs, I'd choose 252hp, 252def and 4atk.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Top Bottom