• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my diddy please (dont be TOO harsh)

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
You rarely use nannerz and when you do your opponent takes contol of them. You can use nannerz to help set up combos and banana glide can help you get easier kills. And I didnt see that many tilts you can use his dtilt to rack up damage. Other than that I think your an okay diddy player.

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
I only watched the one video you reccommended... and im assuming you played with a buddy of yours that youve kinda learned he has a habit of attack recovering from a ledge. Your counter to that was your dash attack.

Id reccomend trying to break that habit of doing it EVERYTIME, because if anybody drops from the ledge, and short hop attacks onto the stage, they will punish you pretty much everytime assuming their timing is good.

Use your bananas, if you find your opponent is good at using them against you, only keep one active at a time. That way you maintain posession of it for the majority of the time.

Im not the greatest diddy player in the world... honestly you play a bit like i do, just sloppier, if you dont mind me sayin that. Definately got a long way to go, as do I.

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
not bad..

i liked the meteor you did on DK

but then he came back and killed you

you ended up winning though

8/10

BluBone313

Smash Cadet
i dont usually use nanners until after the opponent is down a stock. diddy players shouldnt "HAVE" to use nanners. i rarely use em at all, diddy dont need em IMO. but i cant lie there always fun to use XD

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
No, they dont HAVE to use them. But link doesnt HAVE to use his bombs, arrows, or boomerang. However, theyre valuable assets and should be taken full advantage of. Once you get the habit of glide tossing down, you can trip an opponent and be in their face hitting with a smash attack before they have time to react. It would open up a whole new level to your game, and not to mention the mind games that even just a banana sitting on the ground causes.

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
Overall your diddy has promise. I would say work on more short hop b-airs, a better banana game, and some more edge hogging. Also instead of just using the standard grab try using the shield grab as you run. It has far less lag especially if you miss. Keep up the practice.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Personally, I would have liked to see more banana work. I think you showed some skill at playing without the nanerz. But I feel it's as though you could have spaced much better with glide tossing and banana control.

Every good Diddy player will tell you to use the bananas, it's where Diddy's strength lies.

Banana use has always been a very controversial topic, but general consensus on this board has been that Bananas are a necessary part of his game.

psike

Smash Apprentice
Much more banana use, less repetitive smashing. An average DK should be cake for Diddy. Decent edge guarding. Keep up the practice and you will be a great Diddy, 5/10.

NicIsNotANinja

Smash Cadet
you were ok, you need to work on using bananas more though. Also you need to practice timing your jumps and air moves, i saw than you missed quite a lot. Good practice for that its just going on training, setting to CPU to level 6, putting him so he spawns at about 100% then just doing some hardcore aerial training =)

Top Bottom