• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Captain Falcon!

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
I watched till the halfway point of vid 1.

Not gonna lie, that was pretty **** terrible. You make too many mistakes to list, your opponent was quite bad at DDD, and the map choice was poor.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
Did you just start using Captain Falcon? Either way, not bad. Although, you might want to try to do something about DDD's bairs, you kept getting hit with those.

phirekid718

Smash Rookie
well. olimar and cf are practically opposites. In fact a good olimar can't be beat by a cf. So im not surprised at how you are with cf.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ummm if I were you I would get better with Olimar cause that was absolutely crap, im not going to lie or put sugar on the truth, that was bad.

Im not one to question your Olimar game but, hasn't playing Olimar for so long made your movement strategies good, like spot dodging, rolling, and please some edge guarding, gimping, taking advantage of lag times? I know Falcon's bad but you can impliment them in your game.............please

Wogrim

Smash Lord
More UAir, less Knee. More Jabs & Grabs, less FSmash. Run around a bunch more; you make your approaches too obvious. And try using Falcon Dive as an attack; it does great damage. Thats about all I can think of. Falcon takes a lot of practice, so even though you aren't good, you don't have a good reason to give up.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dang, never made the connection until now you're Emmy! Setting that aside hmmm...

I watched the first vid. Anyhow, I really got the impression you don't really seem to know what moves Falcon is supposed to use. =/

Firstoff, Falcon is really bad at approaching, so usually you aren't supposed to initiate things with him. However Falcon has a few attacks that you should use when your opponent has an opening. Number one is the Falcon kick. This does 14%, starts up fast, moves very quickly a great distance, has GOOD priority, and if used close enough to your enemy, will pull you behind your opponent far enough away to be fairly safe. You should also Dash attack, which is a little weaker, but has less ending lag. Also get in the knack of spacing Falcon's Hyphen Smash, because his U-smash happens to be a really strong attack, and slides far when you cancel his Dash with it.

I'd avoid Raptor Boosting on the ground, since it has very bad priority, is farther telegraphed, is not safe on block or if it misses, and doesn't really do anything spectacular. The air Raptor Boost is okay if you spike someone while recovering.

Also, shieldgrabbing is essentially a no for Falcon. Instead if you see an opportunity to grab, Dash grab.

Other things I'd suggest are jabbing more especially after either using an N-air or autocanceling any aerial, using the U-tilt occasionally to kill, saving the B-air for kills, Up-Bing out of shield, hmmm....

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ur a gurl.......... wait this is serious? wow ur bad cuz gurlz suck at everything except for making me my sammiches.
I don't think so there are some ridiculous girl smashers, and girls don't suck at every thing, they just suck everything :) hehe, but in all truth watch out for girl smashers, some are ridiculous

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
what! all gurls can do is cook and clean and do the mans landry and have boobs!
OMG, that's one more crappy opinion on SmashBoards. Seriously, what are you talking there. As if girls were worse or better than boys. You just turned at least 101% of the forum against you.

fox ftw

Smash Rookie
OMG, that's one more crappy opinion on SmashBoards. Seriously, what are you talking there. As if girls were worse or better than boys. You just turned at least 101% of the forum against you.
and i care? how? All gurls should do is stay in the kitchen while deh men play!

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
and i care? how? All gurls should do is stay in the kitchen while deh men play!
Edit: Feh, that short rant would've been wasted. I want my two minutes back, you troll D= You're aware that you're making yourself look stupid, right? o.o

I'll probably edit stuff into this post about the actual videos later.
V.V;

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Top Bottom