• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Boozer

TyrantBandit

Smash Rookie
hey everyone. i am pretty new to competitive play and am just learning so i made these vids of me playing my friends. neither of us are all that good so try not to flame other than that any constructive criticism will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-KNKogvkPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywzw4C5cPeY

i know some of the thinks i dont do enough such as the infinite second jump or the CG release but im working on those.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Blah, you can use those if you want. Grab releasing sometimes isn't as effective as a follow-up chase attack. Infinite second jump is situational. Nothing wrong with not committing to these.

You're better than your friend, and you're not too shabby. But you need to fight better opponents if that's your friend on full-mode, considering it's TL we're facing here.

Here's some mistakes you can work on correcting, not to be offensive or arrogant or condescending, in fact, I make the Down-B into a vulnerable spot too often meself, among other things.

0:04-That stage is too hazardous, XD

1:20-No Bomb, if anything, you ought to have gone for right above him, and see if he couldn't time his counter properly.

1:24-Fsmash could've been punished horribly against a good opponent.

The only real thing I dislike about these videos is once more, the TL is horrible. You're limited by your opponent's lack of skill. Altogether though, I don't know how you'll stack up full competitive, but as far as casual-competitive goes, I see a good Bowser.

You can learn, but so can all of us. All of us can improve our games one way or another. Except Sliq. Sliq is already win.

Roll around this place for a while and you'll be even better. Welcome to the Boozer board.

TyrantBandit

Smash Rookie
thanks for the warm welcome. i am happy to hear your comment. I know i have a lot to improve on. im going to try and find some tournaments but its kinda hard cause i live in CT

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Decent Bowser. Here are some suggestions:

You need to learn how to space better . I only watched the beginning but I saw you missing your sh fair sometimes. It's hard against TL though with his disjointed hitboxes.

Be more careful, when approaching. I only saw two different ones from you: Dash to spotdodge and jump + fair (wich always got punished). Try to fake him out and punish him sometimes. Jump a little towards him without attacking. If he attacks you, he's open for punishment. Be smart with Bowser, especially since your freind's TL isn't as good as you, imo.

The last thing: Don't use laggy attacks unless you're 100% sure they hit. Dtilt, fair, ftilt, utilt and jabs are decent moves, who are also reasonably fast. Use them more than Down B or fsmash.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Your Bowser looks pretty good. I didn't watch the whole thing tho. Just try to be more patient I guess and when brawling someone like Toon Link whenever he's spaced out from you when approaching him. Run then guard but don't hold the guard up long. This will insure you perfect shield any incoming projectiles of his so that you can punish with a Standard A or ftilt depending on how far he is from you.

Usually when brawling a TL player I don't find myself using Firebreath much so don't get to used to it. Your find yourself using Up B mainly seeing its his quickest move.

I have some videos of my Bowser. Feel free to check them out. You might see something you like and would like to apply to your own tactics.

TyrantBandit

Smash Rookie
thx for the reply and advice guys. spacing is definatly a huge part of the game that i lack and im working on it. also im working on shield grabbing something i dont do very much idk why. I realize i use too many down B and Fsmashes i gotta cut those down.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
The main thing i noticed was your spacing...it could use some work. Learn the range of your tilts and when to use them. Also, there was a forward smash in there that a good player would have punished.....a lot. lol :p.

Definitely not bad though...find better competition.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I never got this warm a greeting to Smashboards... Then again I was trying to post in the Tactical section >_>

TyrantBandit

Smash Rookie
lol sounds like someone is jealous. Yea spacing as im finding out is big but its very hard to do consistently for me at least. so im working on it but it might take a while.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Try playing as Melee Bowser a bit. It's hard to get used to downgrading but without using the Klaw for 'ciding, and with reduced range, spacing becomes almost obvious to one.

TyrantBandit

Smash Rookie
i never thought of that i never owned melee so im gonna try and borrow it from one of my friends. thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom