• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate MetaL's Yoshi

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Jeez, I've been soooo inactive around these boards lately O_O!!!! Alright, time to make myself famous. Please rate my Yoshi, this vid was taken about 3 weeks ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY-5AkjE0Kc
So yea, also, if you wanna match against me, check the FC, its 0087-2024-0443, I am usually available at sometime during the day, if you wanna play some Yoshi dittos.

Any comments will be helpful.
~MetaL

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Well to start you should learn how to use the eggs because that pressures your opponent to approach which can be good for you and also try to be a little more aggressive in your aerial game. Try to fast fall when you use your neutral air so you can follow up with an up-tilt and start a combo. But your Yoshi is still good you just need to improve on a few things.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I didn't see enough Bairs, that's yoshi's natural set-up move and almost always "combos" into at least one other attack, nice footsoll you had though. Oh and try and fit in more tilts, i'm surprised how many smashes you landed though so congrats on that.

Defender

Smash Rookie
You have a pretty decent Yoshi, so keep on practicing. I agree with the others that more eggs and bairs would be a good idea, and I also think that it would be worth your while to learn pivot grabbing which helps to punish agressive foes.

I loved the time when you hit the foe with an egg even while falling to your doom. I always like to go for a parting shot when I know I'm toast.

Also, have you heard about the upcoming online Yoshi ditto tournament? I think that it will be a great chance for all of us Yoshi players to get a feel for how good we are and for how we could improve our games. (Not to mention the fact that it will be loads of fun!) If you're interested in the tourney, you should check out the thread about the best Yoshi on Smash Boards. Anyway, I hope to see you in the tourney. :)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
You have a pretty decent Yoshi, so keep on practicing. I agree with the others that more eggs and bairs would be a good idea, and I also think that it would be worth your while to learn pivot grabbing which helps to punish agressive foes.

I loved the time when you hit the foe with an egg even while falling to your doom. I always like to go for a parting shot when I know I'm toast.

Also, have you heard about the upcoming online Yoshi ditto tournament? I think that it will be a great chance for all of us Yoshi players to get a feel for how good we are and for how we could improve our games. (Not to mention the fact that it will be loads of fun!) If you're interested in the tourney, you should check out the thread about the best Yoshi on Smash Boards. Anyway, I hope to see you in the tourney. :)
Hey do you have a link for this tourney? I would love to join.

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
ur not rly that great but im more dissapointed in the ditty kong

bigman40

Smash Master
Never keep nanners on the playing field. Nanners limits too many options. This can be an exception if you know how to use the nanners effectively like diddy players (at least the basics), but generally, you don't want anything extra forcing you to do certain moves.

I just like saying this, but try to speed up your Yoshi. As I was looking at you, it seemed like you were moving slower, can couldn't punish the openings I saw.

Learn some of the new er techs that are essiential to Yoshi's game. ETS, Pivot grab (not really a tech), and ECE are a few things that I know most Yoshi users do.....ALOT.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
A few more eggs would of been nice. Overall nicely done, although you got lucky on Diddy's third death.

Top Bottom