• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Mah Mario plz :D

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Hi people, going straight for the point, I play mario for fun because damn hes so awsome to play lol but I didnt really had a good Rating/comment on it so thats why Im creating this thread Id like to be rated and commented on good/bad point on my gameplay by people like the cape or eggz or whatever good mario outhere but also from other people too :p.Its 2 friendlies randomly picked on a recording night taken from a cam and theres music in the background its not added so sorry if you guys dont like it :p and also the uploader seem to really like subtiltle too since we are from quebec he wanted english people to understandwhat we are talking about so i guess its nice.....Ill stop typing n ow because the point of it is the videos so here lol.

Mario vs falco on BF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz2Mdy9kbpc&feature=related

Mario vs marth(Gay matchup lol) on FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2mtUO1TD4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Thank you in advance everyone!!!

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
ok first off before i start id like to day i like your mario and your pika ( i looked through your post lol).

against Falco
- grab more
- just to let you know Nair is one of the worst moves to be on the offensive with
- make sure to mix up your jab game
- Nair and Bair beat falcos overB
- Up throw can be chaingrabbed
I could tell that falco didnt know the MU so it was easy picking for you

Marth
- Grab more (Dthrow is a very very very good thing in this MU)
- Try to stay close so he keep tippering you
- when edgeguarding, if you hit with 1 bair, hit him with another bair and recover (cape is really good if you hit him with at least one fireball)
- If you Uair and he isnt really stunned, Utilt him afterward then Uair again (Mid %)
- Dont be scared to edge guard Marth(its easier then you think)
- space out your moves and sometimes jab after the spaced shffl
- IMO the best place to be when playing marth is under him(this is where you use any aerials and Utilt)
- If you get hit try not to DI towards him are you will get *****

I like where you mario is headed....I just hope you keep playing with him to show people how much better he is then Doc(Yes i had to say it)

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
To answer your friend's question from the marth vid

you do not throw mario. ever. he throws you.

but in all honesty with the Marth match I think you need some tighter spacing

it seemed like you were trying to get as much of a gap between you and him as possible

not always the best idea, especially with a player like that who didn't seem to be punishing you all that well

work on your DI too

didn't watch the falco match but take condemned's word. he's too good.

a rookie

Smash Ace
To cape Marth easier, just pivot cape. Always works for me since you get a better distance of the cape. Shoutouts to The Cape(the player, not the item) for being so good and giving me some inspiration. Oh, and on your recover, try to improve on your tornado height and try to recover with the best move selection at the time. But yeah, just keep it up, your Mario's getting there (:

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Oh man Thanks guys for the replies :p I really appretiate Id really like to main mario seriously but I get up and down with falco and pikachu and mario so and when I get a down with a character I never play it and since I play 2 time a month maybe less(on average lolllll) I cannot really get into the mario but mario even if I get the down with him hes still awsome in fact....so awsome that i still can pwn people using their main with it :p

Thks again people.

And about edgeguarding marth with a pivot cape I wonder serisouly how I would do that I mean pivot caping seem to be weird and maybe Im wrong but just thinking about trying it tells me that I will instantaly fail forever with that lol(timing wise) xD

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
oh so you mean by pivot cape its just jumping to turn mario around so you can bair? isnt the fireball faster? and if you get hit by something you can at last use the cape again to recover no?

I was thinking by pivot cape just like Pivot F smash..on the ground like you run o[pposite of the ledge then you cape lol ...I was wondering lol

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
oh so you mean by pivot cape its just jumping to turn mario around so you can bair? isnt the fireball faster? and if you get hit by something you can at last use the cape again to recover no?

I was thinking by pivot cape just like Pivot F smash..on the ground like you run o[pposite of the ledge then you cape lol ...I was wondering lol
fireball if you want to keep your momentum

cape if you want to stall

a rookie

Smash Ace
Yeah, exactly as M@1funk$hun said. I meant pivot cape as in run away from ledge --> cape.
Lol, the timing is weird at first, but it's easier than it sounds. And when you get the timing
good, you can super space it so you don't even get hit by Marth's up-b.

n0ne

Smash Ace
i saw the v marth fight.
i noticed

-conserve ur 2nd jump. i noticed marth countering u then u imediatly using ur jump. marth keeps hitting u then its ****
-u spend to much time airborne. thats dangerous vs marth. stay grounded more
- fastfall ur aerials.
- work on ur followups. u sometimes stay stuck or do something uncalled for

good work btw

Also, try to ignore phonecalls. lmfao

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems I cant ignore phonecall lol when you play and your cell keep ringing and vibrate evrytime you get a text it cant be ignored, too much distraction loll.

Also, is there a way to do a ub B without the fear of losing the double jump because it seem most of the time when I try to save my double jump when recovering I keep using my double jump when I up b its really annoying. i wish we could have the option of deactivate the stick jumping like in brawl....well I think we would lose a bunch of tech out of it but just for the up b loool its annoying

a rookie

Smash Ace
When you up-b, you automatically lose your 2nd jump if that's what you were trying to figure out. You can't save your 2nd jump after you up-b. And when I get a text and phone calls when I play Melee, I ignore them or check what it was in between stocks, just to give people respect of finishing the match first =D

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
lol seriously theres no way you can save the double jump I mean if you up b and get hit so that you can double jump again.....text I can ignore them to the end of the game but phonecall is different lol...you know when you dont awnser to a girl and you try to call back shes all like WTF WERE YOU DOIN xD

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
your only real option is to tech the ledge

oh and just tell her you were training to become the greatest that ever lived

she'll want your d ick bad

a rookie

Smash Ace
I don't like girls that trip out like that, I want some alone time, sheesh! Lol. But yeah, teching is the only way to survive an up-b if you get hit. You can't save your double jump, it's weird =P

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Just make sure you dont argue with her if you like her because arguing with females is like getting into a fight, even if you win overall you may lose

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
hahaha Ill john on the phone with her lloooool

well I heard attempting a tech is better than trying to recover from above when you are good with the tech timing and it seem teching with mario is easy lol but most of the time I tech but I accidentaly press up on the stick so I walljump and if you dont up b again after the walljump you die with mario xDDD it happen to me a lot

oh and also I was weondering if mario could up B cancel like doc and if you could Up b wall jump on other non banned level beside yoshi story

Sim

Smash Apprentice
If you miss the date you have a john. You were playing Smash.

I sense problems coming.

There's another match coming up. This time, it is Melaf's vengeance against dumb Marth and his dumb sword. :D

a rookie

Smash Ace
I like talking on the phone and not really paying attention and them my friend laughs hard and pauses the game cuz I usually do something ridiculously good xD **** moments<3

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
hey but when you say bair into marth after turning around with the cape as edgeguard isnt that dangerous since he can Fair or side B trough the bair lol?

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Ive been trying against marths Fair Ledgecancel into 1 quick (double if he tech) bair and it seem even if marth sweetspot you still can hit him and it look kinda cool lol I dunno but to me its the best way to edgeguard a marth recovering from below because Ive tryed the jump pas marth--> bair him into the wall while fastfalling but it hardly work xD and on top of that if he tech he can walltech fair you to your death .... Id like all the possible edgeguard trick or whatsoever gainst marth seriously its the oly character that make my head goes boom when Im trying to edgeguard

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
whatsoever gainst marth seriously its the oly character that make my head goes boom when Im trying to edgeguard
I like your analogies

unfortunately I can't think of anything we haven't given you already aside from ledgedrop -> bair, which is one of the Mario basics that you may alrdy know

maybe someone with more creativity can come in here and lay down the law

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
on that last one I always wondered why theres not a lot of peopple using this tech it seem to work fairly well when you know how to do it lol but I dont know when he sweetspot if you still can do it tough

n0ne

Smash Ace
I like your analogies

unfortunately I can't think of anything we haven't given you already aside from ledgedrop -> bair, which is one of the Mario basics that you may alrdy know

maybe someone with more creativity can come in here and lay down the law
i already said jump off stage turnaround cape when he is about to up-b but noone remembers :(

this wont kill marth, but makes him turnaround and make him go higher, kind of like what is done to peach.

PUNISH that landing lag afterwards please.
in this case i think d smash is better or a u smash for DI mindgames

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Lol good thing if you miss this one is that if he land before you can come back you get that sweet f smash of his in yo face lolololol....witch mean triangle jump mindgame with mario against marth work well Ive experienced when you predict a fmash whenever you triangle jump f smash and you pwn that ******* lol

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
i already said jump off stage turnaround cape when he is about to up-b but noone remembers :(

this wont kill marth, but makes him turnaround and make him go higher, kind of like what is done to peach.

PUNISH that landing lag afterwards please.
in this case i think d smash is better or a u smash for DI mindgames
ik n0ne, that's what I meant in saying "tell you something that's already been said"

I recognize when you post because you don't post often

plus i'd never forget you <3

n0ne

Smash Ace
hes ok. I was recently operated from gallbladder stones, in january (and i didnt say anything about on the boards) idk why, im crazy lol. but we`re hangin in there. thx 4 asking

Top Bottom