• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate FireBomb's Mario

FireBomb

Smash Lord

darkatma

Smash Hero
I can't watch yet, but i'll look later.

Newark people ..
I recall you guys dont have a smash/video game club, only an anime club..
Because after finals our school is starting our vid game club(if it passes), and we're looking for all the high schools that want to participate in high school competitions.

so far we have:

Mission
Monta Vista
Newark Memorial
Saratoga
Homestead
Gunn
Aragon

I think, if that includes you guys. looking for more high schools, but yea this should be fun with proper organization :p
Monta Vista had their first gaming night on monday, i went to check it out, it wasn't bad for a first time organization (though we ran out of time), and there were quite a few good people there(from monta vista, saratoga, and my own school, mission)

here's their website if you want to keep up to date on high school interscholastic gaming in the bay area :p

http://z11.invisionfree.com/MVGC/index.php?act=idx

for now that is.

ps: sorry bout the thread hijack -_- I'll look at the vid later.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Uthrow teh foxies when you manage to land a grab, as it should let you do teh uber sweet comboez. In the first vid, you got two grabs, and threw once down and once back. =\

Maybe just combos in general? I know its not easy, but like, uair is sick for combos XD Maybe just a little more utilting, too. Like, fair fistspike > utilt...

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
I can't watch yet, but i'll look later.

Newark people ..
I recall you guys dont have a smash/video game club, only an anime club..
Because after finals our school is starting our vid game club(if it passes), and we're looking for all the high schools that want to participate in high school competitions.

so far we have:

Mission
Monta Vista
Newark Memorial
Saratoga
Homestead
Gunn
Aragon

I think, if that includes you guys. looking for more high schools, but yea this should be fun with proper organization :p
Monta Vista had their first gaming night on monday, i went to check it out, it wasn't bad for a first time organization (though we ran out of time), and there were quite a few good people there(from monta vista, saratoga, and my own school, mission)

here's their website if you want to keep up to date on high school interscholastic gaming in the bay area :p

http://z11.invisionfree.com/MVGC/index.php?act=idx

for now that is.

ps: sorry bout the thread hijack -_- I'll look at the vid later.
Yeah, we're memorial. It's the only High School in Newark. >_>

And our crew, TTR, is probably the best in the school, at least anyone that goes to our video game club. We barely even go to it anymore, because they don't like playing smash that much, at least less than other games. And those games aren't even that great. I remember one time, we had a meeting of just smash. We had to play FFA's so everyone can play (despite our protests). So, the top 2 people stay for the next round, bottom 2 give up the controllers. FireBomb and I here stayed on the whole time. <_<

If it's just other games AND smash, then cool. But seriously, everyone else sucks at most games. Don't expect too much from Newark, besides us.

And sorry for hijacking your thread, too. >_>

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah, we're memorial. It's the only High School in Newark. >_>

And our crew, TTR, is probably the best in the school, at least anyone that goes to our video game club. We barely even go to it anymore, because they don't like playing smash that much, at least less than other games. And those games aren't even that great. I remember one time, we had a meeting of just smash. We had to play FFA's so everyone can play (despite our protests). So, the top 2 people stay for the next round, bottom 2 give up the controllers. FireBomb and I here stayed on the whole time. <_<

If it's just other games AND smash, then cool. But seriously, everyone else sucks at most games. Don't expect too much from Newark, besides us.

And sorry for hijacking your thread, too. >_>
Yeah if you want any competition you might as well just look for us and our group of friends. The game/anime club is seriously disorganized and uninteresting now, and supported by a new teacher. I'd like to play you other people if possible, though you'd have to watch the video in order to see if we're worthy. Note that if we suck, then all of Newark fails. :(

Go ahead and hijack the thread... I've hijacked way too many in my time here. I deserve it.

...But I'd still like some comments...

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
If you don't mind my criticism, I only watched the first match but here I go:

I saw noticed you used the A A A jab jab kick thing a lot. It's a lot more effective to single jab to either a grab or a down smash, I'm pretty sure double jab to up tilted f smash works too.

It's a lot safer to use your down b recovery at the beginning of your recovery. You could've easily been ABA'd several times. But after watching it again you got him off the ledge pretty well, AUA off your second jump and caping will free the ledge pretty well, and remember that it's a lot easier to hit fox with your up b than it is for him to shine you out of it.

Work on your L-cancel timing for those AFA's and ADA's. Also try not to use fair as much while approaching.

Always remember caping fox's recovery is good for you.

Up throw is a much wiser choice than down throw on a fox at low percentages.

When fireballing as an approach [to end up right next to an opponent]: full jump fire ball then fast fall and land next to them opens a large variety of things you could use [such as D smash, grabs, etc]

last but not leasts, ANA is your friend and wavelands are sexy for a reason.

I've recently decided never to rate anyone off of videos, sorry.

?/10

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Now that's quality advice.

I agree with everything previously stated, aswell as the addition of advising you to L-cancel your fairs into jabs, then grabs. I noticed you threw an empty fair, and then one where you missed the grab. If you do jab after the fair, it'll set up even more nicely for a chainthrow.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Sorry, I got into a weird habit of overdoing the short hop fair for the longest time.

Thanks for giving me advice in words I can understand, guys. I know I can still do so much better...

Razed

Smash Ace
you and your sig look secksi o_o!!

Nice mario, he looks like mine=)

cept your recovery owns mine >.>

Don't used down b to recover unless you need it, that fox coulda easily bair'd you.

Top Bottom