• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate and check out my falco

ThePrime

Smash Lord
For those of you that dont know, i made a smash bros tutorial video as my senior project for highschool, i spend alot of time on it so if you guys get a chane watch all 7 parts (roughly an hour). I also analyzed 5 characters, one of which is falco, and i include games for all 5.

Part 7 in my video, shows a game with my falco vs my friend's sheik, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eKFDhiuCpQ

If you dont want to watch the tutorial part of it, just fast forward to the game, note that it continues off of part 6 so obviously if you're gonna watch the tutorial bit you're gonna find i dindt explain alot of falco. Plz give some feedback on my falco/and or my 7 part tutorial video. thx.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
pretty nice falco you got there. i'd use the dair more after shines instead of bair of fair hough against a sheik at low damages.

and for his con's you forgot that he gets combo'd easily by most characters lol

but yeah i like your falco you should record more matches good stuff :)

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
maybe a 5 out of 10 for rating. you dont use alot of the stuff in your own tutorial, you falco is probably as good as the average falco who has learned the proper tech skill.

you roll too much. you arent spacing well. you missed some l cancels and got grabbed. you need to learn how to edgeguard. you short hop for no reason alot. learn how to ledge hop double laser. you smash too much. you could use some better choice of moves. i think you just need some more experience.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Alright cool thx, and yes i do roll way too much, its a very bad habit of having my shield up and just wanting to hit left/right.

SSBM Jp

Smash Cadet
yer falco is ok try to edge guard some more with his Bairs and put in some windmill combos heres my falco in action

Jazzness

Smash Ace
On top of what invertigo said ... (and the 5/10 rating)

Try to play a more advanced opponent. I don't think the Sheik knew how to fast-fall or DI, much less wavedash or l-cancel.

Use lasers to control the game and force Sheik into bad positions, not just as a lead in to an aerial attack. Although this Sheik obviously had no idea how to maneuver past the lasers, a more experienced player would see through such an obvious attack pattern.

Tech-wise, when you execute d-airs, try to make it hit lower, not higher, and especially on a shield. This will allow you to l-cancel directly into shine without getting shield-grabbed.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
its okay, you arent pillaring correctly though as said before which is the reason you got shield grabbed, you have to fast fall RIGHT after you hit the shield, or start the attack and hit near the bottom of the shield, or fast fall before you do the drill.

Top Bottom