• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raptor boost slide

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I was messing around in training mode with Falcon, and discovered something odd. If you Raptor boost on an edge that is slanted upwards when you are at a low height, you will slide onto the stage. The distance varies by timing and angle. Try it on Yoshi's Island and Pictochat's edges. When done propely, Falcon will slide to the center of the stage. When you do it correctly, it looks like an edge waveland.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around in training mode with Falcon, and discovered something odd. If you Raptor boost on an edge that is slanted upwards when you are at a low height, you will slide onto the stage. The distance varies by timing and angle. Try it on Yoshi's Island and Pictochat's edges. When done propely, Falcon will slide to the center of the stage. When you do it correctly, it looks like an edge waveland.
Cool, i'll try this once I get home. Very interesting.

I miss edge wavelanding....

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
It was fond before but never tested,

can you do any actions while your sildeing?

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
^^
Thanks this could make a sliding falcon pwach?(or does FP stop the slide)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I happens to me all the time on Lylat Cruise becuase the starship rolls to both sides when it turns. This also cuts lag time, know when to use what recoveries!

Top Bottom