• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rapid Smash- Cedar Rapids Iowa Smash Group

MajoraNess

Smash Rookie
NNID
MajoraNess
3DS FC
2492-4601-1795
Hi there! My name is Majora, and I'm from Iowa. When I first joined the Smash community, I had a large issue with finding a place that I could go to that wasn't hours and hours away. Up until now, it had always seemed like there was NOTHING in Iowa for us Smashers. When I joined a Facebook group (Shoutouts to the Iowa Smash Facebook group), I met a guy who's name was Jarrett, and he wanted to create some kind of Smash group in Cedar Rapids, my hometown. One week later we held the first meeting of Rapid Smash at the Cedar Rapids Public Library. We've had twiweeklies nearly every week now for 2 months, and it has been a blast so far. However, we're beginning to feel the pains of living in Iowa. What I mean is that the group isn't growing, but we want it to become something big. So I've decided to come to Smashboards to promote it! We have a Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1623241027961373/), a Twitter (https://twitter.com/RapidSmashCR), and our Streams are hosted Jarrett's Twitch, twitch.tv/15bit. Sadly, we were unable to find any rooms this month at the library due to them all being taken, but Jarrett has the next couple months reserved already. Thanks for reading, hope to see you there!

TheYam

Smash Rookie
Hey Majora,

Awesome I just joined the Smash scene. Been looking for a CR group to get better. You still got room for another CR smash player?

-Yam

A0N

Smash Rookie
This is the first Iowa thread I've found. Is the Iowa smash scene really that small?

Dr.Lulz

Smash Cadet
nah. we're not huge in comparrison to the rest of the midwest but we can hold our own. Join the iowa smash facebook page. lots of iowa players in many areas

BanjoAndIan

Smash Rookie
Are you still meeting, and do you play Sm4sh or a different version of the game?

Top Bottom