• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rapid Jabs

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Does anybody use the rapid jabs? A lot of times it is more useful to just jab cancel to an ftilt,dtilt, or dsmash but I use these in certain situations.

1. On the edge if I catch them without their second jump, rapid jabs can rack up tons of damage. They're forced to DI away and use their recovery move. Against characters with poor recovery(Link,Ganon,Ike,Falco come to mind) this can lead to a easy e gimp opportunity.

2.Early extra percentage. Since most characters can escape the tilt lock at earlier percentages, after a couple tilts i'll mix this in for some nice damage. Once i'm done with them, they're in inescapable tilt lock percentage.

3. Buffered jabs. For shield grabbers SHAD'ing into buffered jabs can come as an unexpected and pleasently rewarding approach. I don't do it very often as it can get predictable, but it's just another mixup.

4.Floaty characters. For some of those characters that have a floaty body(Zelda,Jiggs,Kirby), instead of tilt locking this can rack up equal or more damage.

Just a few thoughts and I was wondering if any of you guys use it in your gameplay. They can be punished but they can also rack up some nice damage every now and again.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I jab cancel a lot. The most I do is usually 2 cosecutive jabs then jab cancel. Rapid jabs just come out sometimes. I guess its because I messed up a jab cancel. Its good to mix it up though ^_^

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Me and jabs have a kind of hot and cold relationship

At various different points of my sheik development I would either use them often or barely at all.

Right now I'm barely at all again since I've more or less replaced the jabs purpose with the chain...or at least I try to.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
yeah i think it can be pretty useful although punishable...
i hate it when i accidentaly start holding A too early and i just end up standing there stupidly or unintentially do it when i want to cancel, usually cuz of lag

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Man, I hope I'm not wrong about this....

I've found that the rapid jabs are actually pretty useful on the "Castle siege" level. On the area with the statues, using the rapid jab on them can produce a longer ranged jab attack. Just a larger hitbox, is all. Not very useful, I'm sure, but still. It's nice to F- with people with it. :\

Or maybe I'm just ******** and that happens anyway. (Feels horribly embarrassed if he's wrong)

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
I tend to use this less than I used to actually. But I still use it quite often, it is a great damage racker. Though a simple word of advice: if you go into a full-out jab, it may be wise to stop before the opponent DIs completely out of it, then follow up. Oh, but the jab does make me love PS1. =^_^=

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I try to avoid rapid jabs as much as I can. I just like going with jab cancels instead. A lot of times I get punished for rapid jabbing.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
As long as your opponent isn't DI'ing away, you won't get punished. Soon as they look like they're breaking out.......shield. Most opponents will try to get off an fsmash and then you can get a grab in.

Rapid jabs on PS1=****:)

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
1. On the edge if I catch them without their second jump, rapid jabs can rack up tons of damage. They're forced to DI away and use their recovery move. Against characters with poor recovery(Link,Ganon,Ike,Falco come to mind) this can lead to a easy e gimp opportunity.
I love doing that

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If I recall correctly when you are doing the aaa combo if you keep pressing "a" instead of holding it down it will refresh your moves multiple times in one go unlike just holding A which will mean only refreshing one move.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Rapid jabs r good but shouldnt be spammed i usually dont use them. I only use it as a surprise and to mix things up. I love ftilt.

M@v

Subarashii!
I rapid jab a lot. If the guy I am facing sucks at punishing dodge spam(its rare, but still), I dodge rapid jab dodge rapid jab. Usually though, I sometimes use it OoS, or on the ledge if they lost their second jump as marsulas said.

Top Bottom