• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Range Over Matter (RoM) Metaknight Videos

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Hey guys. These are just videos and such of my friend RoM's Metaknight. He's pretty **** and I think the only reason that I beat him is because I know his playstyle. Uploading more matches now.

Hopefully you guys think he's good, and we would appreciate some advice as long as you're respectful about it. Thanks :)

RoM (Metaknight) vs. GG7 (Marth)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UoxVyfyrPBQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8HxD752zguA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YeV3EBsvtSM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WadTr4slX1c

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k75tgwFGeXg

RoM (Metaknight) vs. Jet4 (DK) Set best of 3
Round 1 was not recorded, RoM won with 2 stocks left.

Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGENWny4kfU

Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48XTmnfNggI

RoM (Metaknight) vs. GG7 (Lucario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JinziRoVHaM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9D3zm3FWCY

[Highlight]Miscellaneous[/highlight]

Platform-cancelled Drill Dush into sweetspot Dimentional Cape. (If someone can do this into an edgehog in an actual match, mad props to you.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrWSd7WQNGQ

Combo on Falcon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKcbDOOmjh0

sandaman

Smash Cadet
haha pretty sick combo with mk man, the quality isnt bad, most vids r like that anyways hope to see some more mk stuff :p

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah RoM is really good so i'll be uploading more of his vids when I have time. what sucks is the vidoe capture device that i bought doesn't work on my **** *** ****ing computer so i have to use my mom's computer to capture these videos, so god knows when i'll have the GOOD ones up that we recorded on the VCR and not in replays.

i've uploaded hellllllllllla falcon dittos of me and RoM if you're interested in those lol

ckm

Smash Journeyman
looks like every match ive ever had against falcon. hahaha ok j/k. but yeah, the trick thing has been mentioned before, i think ppl call it platform canceling.

zaf

Smash Lord
Right now I just have this trick he did on Pokemon Stadium and a combo he did on my Falcon but I will have more up soon since it's summer and I just got a capture thingy.

Sorry the quality is low, still learning what formats to use with this thing.

Pokemon Stadium trick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrWSd7WQNGQ

Combo on Falcon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKcbDOOmjh0

haha , on the pokemon stadium thats not a trick at all. If you actually look at it. When meta knight finishes his tornado, he briefly lands on the corner of the platfrom and then does a down+b. Thats not a trick, thats just doing one move after the other. lol nice try though.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i know what happened, he edge cancelled the drill to a sweetspot dimentia cape. Just because they're two seperate moves doesn't mean its a trick. I'm not calling it some new AT. The sequence is a trick

zaf

Smash Lord
i know what happened, he edge cancelled the drill to a sweetspot dimentia cape. Just because they're two seperate moves doesn't mean its a trick. I'm not calling it some new AT. The sequence is a trick
lol that is not a trick. A trick would be using link or toon links double hookshot on the edge to edge guard. Or wolf's forward B on the edge of smash ville. Just because meta knight lands on a very small part of the platform and manages to do a cape right after does not justify it to be a trick. It was a fluke if anything.

A trick usually can be repeated, when wanted. This isnt something you can time and perform every time.

the sequence was a fluke. kthx

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
What the heck is a trick?!?!

Are you talking about pulling a rabbit out of a hat here?

Its either an advance technique (which you said yourself wasn't) or its nothing at all, just a fluke like Zaf said.

And even if it was a tech, i dont see much use of it other then on pkm stadium and battlefield. Seems almost to mee like RoM button mashed somthing while doing meta's forwadB and ended up doing that instead.

zaf

Smash Lord

Its either an advance technique (which you said yourself wasn't) or its nothing at all, just a fluke like Zaf said.

And even if it was a tech, i dont see much use of it other then on pkm stadium and battlefield. Seems almost to mee like RoM button mashed somthing while doing meta's forwadB and ended up doing that instead.
qft

10chara

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master

ur bad .

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Can you guys not spam my thread and stay on topic?

More videos coming soon...
And I'm happy you were capable of replying to my post. Oh wait, you didn't.

If your going to argue that this is something valuable, then you should be able to hold up to counter arguments, which you seemed to have completely missed the one i posted.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
forget it. you guys are just as nitpicky as people who give people **** for calling things 'combos' let me go fix that and then add some normal matches so you can watch those instead.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
GG7, I liked your vids. You have a brain and know your matchups decently. Don't worry about other posters here, as most of them are ****ing idiots. Good matches though. I'll post some critique and tips in a bit when I'm not busy.

edit: you live in AZ, go play forward :)

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
Thnx for checking out my vids guys. As reguard to the 'trick' thing going on. Your right, it is not a trick, it is just a sequence of moves.

Also, who would like to critique my playing? I would greatly value anything anyone sees wrong with my MK or thinks I could try out a couple of things that would help me achieve a higher level of playing.

Thank you for your time
-RoM

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I've looked at all the videos of RoM facing Marth and it just seems like he has a lot to work with.

In the first video, he was not only using Drills a bit too much, but most of the time he used it, he got punished for it and didn't seem like he learned from his midstakes. As from a few other videos, he was using drills and was, again getting punished for it. Also, it seemed like he didn't knew or learned the matchup itself. There was also times when he could've done other moves that would've worked better (like seeing Marth Dtilt, Meta could do a short hop Dair or Fair).

Also, in the first and second video, he didn't do any aerial attacks or approches. He was eiher just standing there a few times or didn't put up a good pressure game.

The reason why you beat him was because you followed and learned his movement better then he did to you. I'll put more of my imput when I watch the rest of the vids. So far, RoM's main problem is reading opponents, the opponent's character, and his own playstyle.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
hokay, from what i see, looks to me like you need to be more aggressive against that marth, he seems pretty good but you can't let him control the fight, you shouldn't charge f smash so much, it was countered or easily avoided almost every time, if you REALLY REALLY like the fsmash use it in a dash cancel pivot, it comes out a bit sneakier that way. against the DK, you looked better, more agressive, again, try to control the match, DK is heavy and pretty tough to kill, so try not to stale your killing moves, using dsmash less will help you there, saving that move as much as you can will help your game alot, also just keep playing and practicing, playing against good players will make you better

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
GG7, I liked your vids. You have a brain and know your matchups decently. Don't worry about other posters here, as most of them are ****ing idiots. Good matches though. I'll post some critique and tips in a bit when I'm not busy.

edit: you live in AZ, go play forward :)
sean lives in california now. i talk to him every now and then on AIM, his mom lives about 25 minutes from me. when he visits her i'll play against him. he may move back here though but he doesn't know yet.

against the DK, you looked better, more agressive, again, try to control the match, DK is heavy and pretty tough to kill, so try not to stale your killing moves, using dsmash less will help you there, saving that move as much as you can will help your game alot
I TOLD YOU SO. (I was telling RoM yesterday to stop using dsmash so much to build damage cause it gets stale and won't kill.)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
sean lives in california now. i talk to him every now and then on AIM, his mom lives about 25 minutes from me. when he visits her i'll play against him. he may move back here though but he doesn't know yet.

I TOLD YOU SO. (I was telling RoM yesterday to stop using dsmash so much to build damage cause it gets stale and won't kill.)
holy ****!

wtf, he never told me he moved. well he's never on aim now anyways.

Chaco

Never Logs In
RoM, when you were fighting the DK, second round match I do believe, you tried edge hogging when he was barely off the stage. Not normally a wise move, but its circumstantial.

And I love how no one uses Dspecial to knock off edge hoggers. lol

pwnaj

Smash Rookie
i think you should show more videos of mk winning. (better for learnig)

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
Thank you everyone who has pitched in there bit of knowledge to further my playing.

Things I have noticed myself:
Yes, I do Dsmash too much, you are all correct.
Yes, I am not as aggro as I should be while playing MetaKnight.
Also, Yes I do have a problem reading GG7's movements and game play. Not forgetting I have been playing with the guy for 5 years, he is one of the people I find very hard to beat. However I win a match here and there, although, we have no recorded a match of me winning since he just got his Video Capture Card.

That is all

Thank you for your time once again
-RoM

P.S. I will take all the things everyone has said to me into consideration and alter my playing style.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Rom you should watch some vids of me and shrink, he has quite an amazing marth as well, maybe you'll find something in there to help you out

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
Well Ringo I watched your videos...

There are only a few things I saw wrong with your MK as well as the video's themselves :)
With your fighting style, it is good, it is your own...But where are the grabs? Metaknight has REALLY good grabs that are very easy to piece together a little combo that can help you rack up the damage WHILE your oppenent is at reasonably low percentage. But hell, if you grab them while they are low percentage, they wont be at that for long :D.

Try this one, I use it when I can...
Dtilt>Dash and Grab>Down Throw>Dash short hop Neautral>Dtilt

Now from the Down throw, you can do almost anything else you want. I use to just do Up Smash after a Down Throw. BUT, since they are kinda a little bit above my head already, usually only the second slash and last slash hit. Sometimes only the last slash :) lol

And back to the overall videos...
Get heavier music :D
lol jk

Thank you for recommending me to your video's
-RoM

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
NP, i don't actually do any of the editing or anytihng like that, it's all shrink but thanks for the comments and the combo tip

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
Also, a little tid bit about the downthrow. Lets say you are having fun with brawl and a bunch of friends are over...Well if you dash and grab straight to Down Throw, you get a nice slide when your stepping on your opponent 11 times. Well if another person is playing to (so 3 or 4 players) and they are close to the down throw, It will hit them too. Unfortunately the non-grabbed opponent can DI out and give you a tipper Fsmash if that opponent happens to be a marth LOL.

-RoM

Top Bottom