• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RANDOM SMASH BALLS with NO items on!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
So i was playing computers today on time battle, with NO ITEMS,

then, randomly it seems, my opponent would re spawn after dieing and AUTOMATICALLY have his "Super"... without a smashball...

does this happen if u kill a cpu/ player enough times in a row? or what?

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
You had items on, but you just had them set so they don't spawn, go to your items menu and make sure that no items are highlighted and item spawn is set to none. The thing the CPU got was a Pity Final Smash, which is given to any player if they are getting their *** handed to them.

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
You had items on, but you just had them set so they don't spawn, go to your items menu and make sure that no items are highlighted and item spawn is set to none. The thing the CPU got was a Pity Final Smash, which is given to any player if they are getting their *** handed to them.
so thats what it was, do u know how many kos in a row u have to get to get a "pity" smash ball to activate?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I believe Pity Final Smashes can happen as long as any items are turned on, or the frequency is not set to "none."

It usually seems to happen if someone is about 5 points behind, but I've seen it happen at as few as 3.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Yea this has happened to me and my friends mutiple times. If you have smash balls on, but frequency set to none, you'll occationally get your final smash when you respawn. Also the same sort of thing can happen when you have other items on too. For the 2 characters the pull random things out (triple D and peach) you can sometimes pull out any of the items that are set to "on" except for barrels, boxes and smash balls (smash balls are usually in capsules).

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

i lol'd at all of you...

pity FS happen in any game no matter what the items are set to, or the frequency, after the opponent is down a certain amount of points...

its not that mysterious...

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
It's a pity smash. You get it when you're losing by 5-7 lives. You'll always get it even if Items are turned off completely. It's sort of like a mercy rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom