• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Mainers thread

yggdrasil325

Smash Rookie
First of all, if this thread already exists, someone point me in the right direction to find it. If it doesn't, it needs to.
With the addition of the "Random" character slot, allowing players to play random characters easier, it has become possible for someone to become a Random mainer.
The ability to play as anyone and win regardless of the situation is a true sign of skill, so I decided to make this thread. This way, all of those who can (and will) play as anyone, those who like to leave the character up to chance, and those who just don't have trouble picking a main, can find each other. To add your name to the list, put your username and any particular characters you're good/bad with. List Sheik as a separate character; list PS Samus, ZS Samus, or Samus for both; list PT if you are good/bad with at least 2 of the pokemon, otherwise list the pokemon's name.
Also, feel free to discuss general strategies for types of characters you're bad at (i.e., heavy characters, fast characters, etc.). For individual characters, go to that character's board.

Random Mainers:
yggdrasil325 - Good: Lucario, PT, Luigi, Yoshi, Diddy. | Bad: Ganondorf, Wolf, Dedede
Griffard - Good: PT, Ganondorf, R.O.B., Marth, Lucas, Ness, DK, MK. | Bad: Sonic, Samus

Griffard

Smash Ace
I'll start literally using the random slot once i exceed a 250-100 kill to death ratio with every char.
Good: PT, Ganon, R.O.B., Marth, Lucas, Ness, DK, MK. Decent: everyone else Bad: Sonic, Samus

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I usually pick random when I play online.

I do quite well with most characters other than Olimar, I can still win with him, but I don't do as well as other characters. Sonic too.

Usually do the best with (in no order): Pikachu, Marth, Ike, Lucas, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Falco Toon Link and Pit though.

The thing I enjoy playing random is that the people you're against may not really know what to expect from you. Then again, neither do you, and when you get one of your weaker characters, then you just think GOD **** IT! :(

It keeps the game fun though, things get boring when you play the same person picking the SAME stage and the SAME character and still manage to beat them when they're using their main constantly.

Veto

Smash Rookie
Occasionally, I guess. When I've picked 1sts, 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths, then I'll start using random, ha.
Does that count?

Good: Lucario, Ike, Marth, Sheik, Link, Pikachu
Bad: Olimar...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^^

Y'know, I'm having a hard time understanding why Olimar is so difficult for some many people to learn.

Tis a curious thing.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Me, I can win using anyone vs my friends and their mains.

Worst characters are like Snake (just don't like how he works)/ZSS/DeDeDe(Haven't used to last two enough to master them)

Good with: See my sig.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I don't really hit the "random" button much when I play, but I feel I'm pretty well spread out. I've always been very heavy on having options, so while I tend to gravitate toward big beefy hitters, I'll practice on others to adapt should they catch on to my tactics (or just be constantly changing so they can't catch on). Honestly, I don't feel like listing every character, since that's essentially what good/bad would entail. I'm still varied in who I like, though, consisting of Ike, Bowser, Ganon, Zamus, Pit, Toon Link, Olimar, Wario, Zelda, and currently experimenting with Snake (pretty good so far). Best: Zelda, Snake, Bowser

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
^^^

Y'know, I'm having a hard time understanding why Olimar is so difficult for some many people to learn.

Tis a curious thing.
He's one of the harder characters to learn partly because he's so different from the rest of the cast. Separate spacing, timing, damage on all 5 versions of any move he could do. He's basic for beating crappy players with. But so is anyone...

My brother Adat has been hitting the random button as of recently. His best are Olimar, Metaknight, Diddy. Worst seems to be any of the Pokemon...

Top Bottom