• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Frame Maps and Et Cetera: MK Loop Stuff Inside!

So today I finally found time to mess around with stuff in frame advance. Here are a few things I've found. I'll update this thread prolly quite a bit today as I get some more maps down. Remember, the first number is the frame, and the second number is the timer. When the timer is at the 00 mark, I input the initial action then advance to the next frame.

Anyhow, here you go:

Fox

Illusion Ledge Crap (facing left, begin on edge)
Code:
01 : 00 Input Left
02 : 98 Hold left
03 : 96 Hold left
04 : 95 Input right
05 : 93 Hold right
06 : 91 Hold right
07 : 90 Hold right
08 : 88 Input Fox Illusion to the right
09 : 86 Animation start
10-27 : 85-56 Animation stuff
28 : 55 At this point you can input Fox Illusion again to cancel and ledgegrab
29 : 53 Fox is inside the stage; at this point you can input a jump to jump out
30 : 51 Fox reappears slightly above the edge of the stage, falling. If you had input a jump on frame 29, you can input a jump with X or Y again to footstool a nearby opponent
31 : 50 Fox Lands
Fox can shorten is Illusion by inputting Illusion again on F20 when grounded or aerial

Short Hop Laser Crap
Code:
01 : 00 Input up to short hop
02 : 98 Release up; animation start
03-23 : 98-63 Animation stuff
24 : 61 Last frame Laser can be input for the whole visual and sound effect set to be completed
25 : 60 Input Laser for a silent Laser; i.e., only the Laser appears with no accompanying effects
26-28 : 58-55 Input Laser on any of these 3 frames to have Fox pull out his blaster but not shoot
29 : 53 Input Laser to have Fox pull out his blaster while in the air and shoot on the ground
30-34 : 51-45 Fox ends animation and lands; Laser not available

Metaknight Triple Shuttle Loop (facing left, begin offstage)
Code:
01 : 00 Input Shuttle Loop
02 : 98 Animation start
03-36 : 96-41 Animation stuff
37 : 40 Input second Shuttle Loop; MK is in his gliding animation
38 : 38 N/A
39 : 36 MK opens wings as in jump animation
40-42 : 35-31 Jump-ish stuff
43 : 30 Initial Shuttle Loop sound effect; no MK vocalisation as in grounded shuttle loop
44 : 28 If rumble is on, controller rumbles
45 : 26 Initial Shuttle Loop wind visual effect
46 : 25 More wind visuals
47 : 23 Sword slash visual effect appears, along with tiny "sweetspot" sparkle
48 : 21 More sword visuals, bigger sparkle
49 : 20 More sword visuals, sparkle at its largest, leftmost extreme of the move
50 : 18 Sparkle diminishes
51 : 16 N/A
52 : 15 No more visual effects except for the wind effect where the second Shuttle Loop was iniciated
53-55 : 13-10 Animation stuff
56 : 08 Apex of the Loop
57-65 : 06-93 Animation stuff
66 : 91 Rightmost extremity of the second Shuttle Loop
67-74 : 90-78 Animation stuff
75 : 76 Input third Shuttle Loop; MK is in his gliding animation
76 : 75 Jump-like animation begins
77-79 : 73-70 Jump-ish animation stuff
80 : 68 Shuttle Loop initial sound effect is again heard
81 : 66 Controller rumbles once again
82 : 65 Initial wind visual
83-87 : 63-56 More animation stuff
88 : 55 Leftmost extremety of the third Shuttle Loop, last frame with visual effects
This was an extremely lengthy map, but I felt it was important I write it up to the leftmost extremity of the third Loop and add visual cues for the sake of completion.

Going to be updating with more maps regularly for the next few days.

The Shuttle Loop one was a pain, but it wasn't difficult. Just a lot of counting and tracking is all. C:

Anyhow, I've got the frames for a perfect insta nade catch thing sort of down. Hold B until timer 61, where you release and input tiltdown+shield, and on the next timer, 60, you should do an instant platform fall through. However, here's where it gets tricky. Shield falling is much more sensitive in frame advance, so it takes a couple of tries. I think you relase down and B on timer 60, then release shield on 58. And Snake has a weird thing going for him when you fall through on the first possible frame of your shield.

I'll call it PSF, or perfect shield falling, for now. What happens is that shield does NOT appear, and instead of falling through the platform, you are teleported into the aerial space directly above you so that you are falling onto the platform. It's really strange. I tried inputting an aerial, but instead Snake jabbed once he landed, about 1 frame later. I think.

Gah, I'm really fogged up right now. I need sleep, and tomorrow I'll test some more for more definitive results.

Frame 1, timer zero is the initial input frame. I hold the button, advance to the next frame for the move to take effect, then release the button on frame 2, input new action, etc.

Though I suppose, the input frame could be marked as frame 0, then the next frame, where the action begins, could be frame 1.

Veril

Frame Savant
frame 0 is the initial input frame and the start of any input map should be 00:00 (frame:timer). At least that's what I intended.

I found your input maps a little confusing/frustrating because of this.

Ex. Holding up to input a jump for the SH laser would be noted as:
00 : 00 : input jump

Top Bottom