• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Computer Problems

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
hello all. I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or not, but I did anyway. Guys, I need your help.

My friend recently shipped me a new computer, since he got a better one and didn't need it anymore. It was working fine at the beginning, but now it's just bleh...

The computer has a 'door' on the front that swings open, revealing the disk drives and usb ports. I commonly have this open since I'm usually charging my iphone or I have my headset plugged in for online gaming. I noticed that sometimes, I accidentally touch the open door and the computer just powers down. I have a hunch that static electricity is affecting it somehow, but I don't know for sure.

Another problem is that when I boot the computer up, it turns on, but it's like Windows doesn't start or something. The screen remains black though the computer is on. When I press the restart button underneath the power button, nothing happens. So I'm forced to shut off the power bar and try again later.

is there anything I can do to fix these problems?

AfroSnackey

Smash Rookie
In front of the screen, If ya know what I mean.
How many USB plugs do you have plugged in? I had a lot plugged in once, and it always shut my computer off!

Is it your power supply?

Does your computer's fan make a lot of noise? My computer's in a dirty place, so I have to clean the fan with compressed air often!

does it have a virus?

After you evaluate all these things, reply to me.

*note*
I kinda need help with kaillera, I don't think the galaxy server works in my area; and I know it's not my computer!

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
When my computer doesn't boot I need to remove all removable storage. (I think my BIOS tries to load it as an OS because I'm running modified firmware on my mp3 )

Could have probably bought a whole new mobo for 120$

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
When my computer doesn't boot I need to remove all removable storage. (I think my BIOS tries to load it as an OS because I'm running modified firmware on my mp3 )

Could have probably bought a whole new mobo for 120$
Did you set the harddrives to boot from in the BIOS? You can set the order.

Top Bottom