• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raleigh, NC Tournament July 19th Knob 3

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Alright here it is the event all you people have been waiting for.

Knob 3, Know No One (is a whole lot) Better

A team tourney and 1 on 1 will take place on this day of July 19th.

Details:

Tournament Information
7371 Circlebank Dr. (Litchford Park Apartments)
Raleigh, NC 27615
(For detailed directions just punch this into Mapquest.com)
Date: July 19th
Time: 2:00 pm (with warmups beginning at 12:00 pm)
Entry Fee: $5 per player for each tournament
Pot Split: 1 on 1- 60/25/5 (with 10% going to Yeroc to buy food/snacks), Teams- 70/30

-Stock 4, items off
-Grouped Round Robin into Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3, seims/finals best 3/5 (also the people you come with will be seeded so you dont play each other in the round robin)
-First round picks double blind (if requested), with random stage (unless stage can be agreed upon by players)
-After that loser either picks stage or new character and stage goes to random (unless once again it can be agreed upon)
-Team attack on (for the team of course)
-A time limit may be introduced at my discretion or requested by either of the players. It will be 8 minutes, with winner being at higher stock or if equal stock lower damage

Banned stages: Yoshi Island & Yoshi Island 64, Great Bay, Hyrule, Brinstar Depths, Kongo Jungle, Flatzone, and Big Blue. These stages may not be selected at all and will be turned off random select.

1 on 1's:

1. Jv3x3
2. Yeroc
3. carmicheal
4. johnny
5. chris
6. Xine
7. Dra'
8. Ash
9. James
10. #1 va guy (?)
11. #2 va guy (?)
12. spook (maybe)
13. stru (maybe)
14. sticktendo (maybe)
15. jwj442 (maybe)
16. Cyr +2 people (maybe)
17. xx Samurai xx's friend 1
18. xx Samurai xx's friend 2
19. xx Samurai xx's friend 3
20. Matt (Maybe)
21. Half-life (maybe)
22. applejoe
23. mcmoney22
24. James
25. Kyle
26. mccent2200

Teams

1. Team we dont have a frickin name yet (Jv3x3 & Yeroc)
2. Team yep we need a name too (2 SCA guys)
3. Team dang a lot of teams need names (samurai + friend) ?
4. Team dang a lot of teams need names2 (samurais friends) ?

***Note*** You do not need to be on either of these sign up lists to play in the tourney. However, its helps us gets a good idea of numbers and attracts others. Plus, you get to see your name on the list :chuckle:. So it would be appreciated if anyone who plans or even likely to attend ask me to add them to the sign up list. Thanks

We need 1 tv, so if anyone can help out let me know. Everyone needs to supply their own controller. Also this is my 4th tourney so I have hosted before and parents are welcome if it will make anyone more comfortable and whatnot.

Post here if you have any questions/comments or would like me to add you to the sign up list.

Attn: If anyone needs a partner let me know or post, cause there are a few pretty good people that need one.

Y

Yeroc

Looks good to me. The team thing is a go for me as well man.

At last notice, I had 4 confirmed attendees (Samurai you were bringing your friend too, right?) and 1 more possibility. I will find out tomorrow if the new date is good for the other 2. The change may introduce some more Mooresville people. I also have to find out tomorrow if my 2 friends are available, so J you may have some company on the trip here. So, this makes 6 confirmed and 9 possible so far. Not bad. I'll get the official poster/sign up sheet updated, and we'll be good to roll. Peace

spookisfat

Smash Rookie
hmm...I don't know if I'll be able to make that or not. I might be out of town that weekend. I'll let you know once I find out what I'm doing.

Y

Yeroc

Hey look who it is! ;)
If you can come man, get Stru away from the Warcraft, off his lazy a$$, and out of his house. Then you two and J could all come up here together. I already talked to Steve, and the gf is going to be in town that weekend, so no go for him.

Hmm, Team we don't have a frickin name yet? WDHAFNY? LOL, i like it :cool:
Guess we'll have to think about that one.

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
Though I prefer FFA (I understand it's not suited for tournaments though), I might come.

TheJigglyPuffer

Smash Journeyman
O_O Yeroc and spookisfat at jv3x3's tourney?

You guys have to bust out mad Cruel Melee skillz and win the tourney :D

BTW, this is CAL from GameFAQs.

Y

Yeroc

This thing sorta needed a bump anyway.

Whaddup Cal? Good to see ya man. It's been a decent year as far as CM goes, up until about Feb. Thanx for the vote o' confidence BTW, but J's still prolly gonna kick our asses ;).

jwj442, I used to be all about some FFAs, but now I think 1v1s are more fun, IMO anyway. You can be pulling off your mad 40% combo against your rival and not have to worry about oh, say, a Sheik coming up out of nowhere or a Samus shot nailing you in the back right as you're about to deliver the finisher :mad: . You should definitely try and make it in 2 weeks.

Ok, as far as expected turnout goes so far, I believe we have 11 confirmed out of 15 interested people. Not bad for 4 days' work up in da boondocks heretofore known as NC :D .

jv3x3

Smash Champion
jwj, hope you can make it, it will be a good time

Yeroc, give me a list of the confirmed and maybes so i can add them to the list (so it looks like we have more than a whole 2 people). Good work dude, thanks. Btw, did you put a flyer up in any gaming stores??? Oh, and any team name thoughts, ill tryn think of something.

Oh and anyone with tourney names suggestions shoot.

Y

Yeroc

****, I knew I forgot something. I'll have the posters up this afternoon, if the school's open (I need their printer).

The confirmed we have so far are:
You
Me
matt from GFAQs
carmicheal
johnny
chris
the 3 guys from SCA (2 of these also want to be a team)
the 2 guys from VA (you said they were on right?)

The maybe's:
spook
stru
sticktendo
jwj442

let me finish the battle im in and i'll get on with getting this tourney up and running

Y

Yeroc

Awesome! another one! With our 2 drops, Xine puts us back at 14. Tomorrow I'll see if Funcoland and EBX let me put the posters up in the store, so we'll have even more show up. Good deal.

Edit: I got the flyers up. I'll check back on, say, Thursday or Friday to see how we're coming.

Y

Yeroc

Bump. I found out today that Funcoland had to take our flyer down because they're regional supervisor is stopping by tomorrow, and as it turns out, they're not officially allowed to post outside material. The flyer I gave them got lost, so I have to go back on Friday and give them another. So I don't know who saw it. But hopefully it will be allowed to stay up all next week, and garner some good local smashers. More as I find it out.

Y

Yeroc

Bump again.

I went back to Funcoland today. Score. Also I have names for our SCA guys.
Dra' - Team YWNAN2 (Yep We Need a Name Too)
Ash - Team YWNAN2
James

No one else seems interested, but I'll keep trying on it. Hopefully, we'll be able to make this a regular thing over the next 6 months, or until no one else is around. Not to mention the Smash fests at NC State come August. I've heard there are good players there.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Good deal on the funcoland flyer. Did you get one up at EB too? Also, have you talked to samuria and or do you have any aim names or anything for the nc state people?

Y

Yeroc

Yeah, I put up the one at EB. No luck on it yet tho. I played Samurai (Johnny) again today. He said he can bring 3 more people with him. I also have Matt from Salisbury, who you also met back at my parents' house, who may be coming up here next weekend, so I'll mention the tourney to him. That will make a max of 20 so far, with a week left on the game store flyers. Excellent. Ash said he's got a cube for us. So we still need 2 TVs. I'll let you know if I get any more loose ends tied up. Later.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Ahh man...sorry I haven't been on in forever. Yeah, I'm deiffinately coming. Just gotta confirm that I can bring all of my friends. Man..this is gonna be fun:D

Y

Yeroc

D@mmit, spook and stru aren't coming. Spook will be leaving for vacation next week, and his parents are letting Stru's family use their pool while they're gone, so neither one is coming up. I'm going to check the flyers tomorrow. Cyr, any word yet? Hope you and your crew can make it. The more the merrier I say!

jv3x3

Smash Champion
mcmoney22

I put you on the sign up list. If you need me to add anyone else/or for teams or have any questions just let me know. Will be a lot of fun, ill see ya there.

Y

Yeroc

Almost 36 hours to go! Can't wait! Any stragglers are still welcome to join up. Come on!

J check your PMs if you haven't already.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Alright I should be over casa de yerocs in awhile... if anyone needs a phone number case they have trouble finding the place or any last minute questions drop me a pm

Any other questions/players feel free to post

edit: oh lol, and mccent2200 i added you too case you didnt see it. See ya tom.

Top Bottom