• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnell Sweet Spots

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
Ike's Sweet Spots

Smashes

Forward Smash
Uncharged-
Middle-Tip: 22%
Base: 20%

Fully Charged-
Middle-Tip: 30%
Base: 28%

Middle-Tip here includes above him when he swings his sword, as well as the small part above and behind him.

Up Smash
Uncharged-
End of Swing, Tip: 19%
Other: 17%

Fully Charged-
End of Swing, Tip: 26%
Other: 23%

This one is extremely hard to hit since it has to be the exact tip, and it's the part of the swing behind him.

Down Smash
Uncharged-
Second Hit: 16%
First Hit: 13%

Fully Charged-
Second Hit: 22%
First Hit: 18%

Second hit is when he swings his sword the opposite direction he's facing. Position of the sword appears to have no effect.

Tilts

Forward Tilt
None: 15%

Up Tilt
Tip: 12%
Platform: 10%
Base: 9%

Seems to always do 10% if they're on a platform above you. It's not because they're in the air, jumping they take the same sweet spots. If the target is lying down, it appears to always Sweet Spot, or at least do 12%.

Down Tilt
None: 14%

Meteor: Pretty much exactly the outer half of his sword. Seems to have greater range when they are jumping as opposed to holding the edge, but the outer half of the swing will Meteor.

Neutral A
None: 4%/5%/7%

Dash
Middle-Tip: 8%
Base: 7%

Aerials

Neutral Aerial
None: 9%

Forward Aerial
None: 13%

Back Aerial

Up Aerial

Down Aerial
Tip, During Swinging Motion: 16%
Other: 12%

Sweet Spot would be the Meteor.

Specials

Eruption
None: 9%
Flash: 38%/34%
Fully Charged: 37%

No Sweet Spot, per se, but it does less damage if they're in the upper (side you're facing) corner of the hit box (i.e. jumping, platform). Only does this during Full Charge, where it will hit for 28%. Doesn't seem to be a knock-back difference regardless of where you hit, except:
Flash Eruption, the section right before you're Fully Charged gives an upwards trajectory. If perfectly timed to the exact point before you are Fully Charged, it does 38%. Otherwise, 34%. I killed Metaknight at 0% with a Perfect Flash Eruption in Battle Field. He wasn't DIing though, but it shows the power there, whereas 34% didn't reach the Magnifying border. Full Charged will knock someone a full Battlefield Distance. Seems to require a perfect tip as well as perfect timing.

Quick Draw
None
Uncharged: 9%
Fully Charged: 16%

(Tested by putting two people side by side)
Counter
None

i.e. Tip or Base gives the same knock-back (it appears).
Could vary depending on attacks. As in the knock-back given at different points of the sword for the same attack/damage.

Aether
Full Aether
Base: 21%
Tip: 19%

Ending Aether
Tip: 18%
Base: 9%

Half Platform Aether
Base: 21%
Tip: 19%

Full Aether: Complete Attack from Bottom to Top to Bottom
Ending Aether: Blade Falling down, final hit
Half Platform Aether: Sword is spinning in the air, target is on a platform; Hit them with the tip of the blade while it's thrown (top of throw) nets 19%. Hit with the middle gets you 21%.
Damage may vary depending on target's weight. Most likely it does.

Other hits vary way too much to tell. It really ends up depending on DI (yours and theirs) after these. I've hit up to 27% while they're jumping. It's difficult though.

End

Did I miss anything?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Just one thing. Eruption is a meteor if used correctly. U have to i believe tap it when they are above u like the top of the flame.

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
I can't hit it. I tried for five minutes on a jumping unit in Training mode, under them, under a platform they were jumping on, in midair, above them; nothing. Anyone want to corroborate his story?

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Hmmmm, So it seems like the most damage Ike serves is at the tip or base of sword.
Remarkably that is good,since hisattacks have long reach.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I can't hit it. I tried for five minutes on a jumping unit in Training mode, under them, under a platform they were jumping on, in midair, above them; nothing. Anyone want to corroborate his story?
If u look at the Reed Ike combo vid it was done. Its near the beginning.

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
Nice work on the sweet spots. I noticed he's kinda like Marth where in most instances the tip will do the greater damage.

Top Bottom