• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnell sweet spot

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if Ragnell is one giant sweet spot? or is it like Falchion or Roy's sword, the name esapes me at this time, haha.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Now the only problem is getting your opponent to stand still so you can hit him with you "sweet" sword.

Not making fun... i will be playing a lot of IKE

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Its all an issue of timing. Start your attack early to get the full effect. If you don't have fast enough reflexes I recommend C-sticking.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
lets NOT turn this into another speed topic *facepalm*

pretty much since his entire sword is a sweet spot that means... he has no sweet spot, he's just freakin strong.

Cless

Smash Champion
it is. if you can get a solid hit on someone, his ridiculous power shows. but the problem is getting that hit.
That's not a sweet spot. A sweet spot on an attack is a hitbox that does more damage or has a different effect than the rest of the hitboxes. Marth sweetspot on his sword is the tip, Roy's is towards the hilt of his sword, Zelda's on her fair and bair is the heel of her foot, Falcon's on the knee is the thrust of the knee. Ike has no sweet spot.

Come on people. Common sense.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
probably late, but it isn't the ''sealed sword'', it Sword of Seals, just so you know...
Also, Ike is just strong, maybe he has a sweetspot, maybe he doesn't, go watch some videos and try to analyse it?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Roy's sword is actually called both names. In the story it's the sword of seals, but when equipping it, it's called sealed sword.

People who played Ike at the demo say he has no sweetspot, at least not like Marth and Roy where all attacks have a sweetspot in the middle/tip. There's a possibility that a couple attacks have a timed sweetspot or whatever.

Shaboomaloom

Smash Rookie
From the videos I saw I cant really say if he has a sweetspot. All I know is he is ridiculously powerful, and I am looking forward to playing as him.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
I played a LOT of ike at E4A and I can tell you that one hit was basically enough to get a kill off, and all you have to do is get the timing right, and that wasn't hard enough to do. Ike is slow, he's not THAT slow, but not as fast as you'd think.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
A sweet spot on an attack is a hitbox that does more damage or has a different effect than the rest of the hitboxes. Marth sweetspot on his sword is the tip, Roy's is towards the hilt of his sword, Zelda's on her fair and bair is the heel of her foot, Falcon's on the knee is the thrust of the knee. Ike has no sweet spot.

Come on people. Common sense.
you took the words rite out of my mouth.
and he has no sweetspoot. he 's just strong in general. also sheik during her up smash as a sweet spoot.

Top Bottom