• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnell Range (Where to hit with the Ragnell)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I am proposing a question here since this has always been on my mind.

Where is it usually best to hit your opponent with Ragnell?

Do you hit it with the tipper or the main part? Also, which part has more knockback and DMG?

Does it vary or differ from each of his moves? Some food for thought that someone can hopefully find out since I don't have the game and only played it once at some guys house.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
tippers are less knockback but more vertical, hilt is more knockback but more horizontal.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've only noticed this with a few attacks:

FSmash: Tipper sends them higher up, less knockback. Anywhere else is more horizontal, with more knockback.

UpTilt: The hilt of the sword does less damage and knockback. Anywhere else is the normal damage.

Dash Attack: The hilt does less knockback and damage than in the middle.

That's all I can think of for now...The other tilts do the same anywhere they hit from my experience. I also demonstrate the different hits in my Ike Percents/Ranges Video and my Ike Kill Percents Video.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
It seemed more tipperish to me, but I've never really checked.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Does it really matter where you hit someone with ragnell? I mean, no matter what, it's gonna do a ton of damage. And kill everyone.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Does it really matter where you hit someone with ragnell? I mean, no matter what, it's gonna do a ton of damage. And kill everyone.
A competitive player finds any means to better his metagame in a fighting game.

Also, lol @ the Ike avatars. Pwnage.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Im just saying that ike is so cool and so powerful that a good player will kill everyone anyway. It was a joke. Explaining that ikes awsomeness destroys everyone.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Looks like all that roy practice over these years wont go to waste :)
It will. Ike is not Roy's replacement, Ike is a whole new character. Same with Lucario and Mewtwo. The characters are NOTHING a like aside from series and one or two moves (Eruption and Counter, both are shared with marth as well, pretty much)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
It will. Ike is not Roy's replacement, Ike is a whole new character. Same with Lucario and Mewtwo. The characters are NOTHING a like aside from series and one or two moves (Eruption and Counter, both are shared with marth as well, pretty much)
Precisely why I like Ike. Not a clone, whole new moveset etc.

Plus, Fire Emblem kicks ***. Anyway, thanks for the answers fellow Ike users.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I enjoy hitting with the mid-part of Ragnell over the tip for almost all of his moves (It seemed that tipping with the d-tilt as an edge-guard had a better chance of hitting them downwards)

Top Bottom