• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raging Flames (A Mario Combo Video)

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
It's officially finished!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Man this vid took me four days to complete (over a week and a half time span) but I finally got it done lol. It would've been done sooner but alot of things came up and it didn't come out on my original set due date. I hope you guys can enjoy it as much as Super Mario Madness, I really tried hard to make this a good video. Well enough being said, here's the vid, hope you guys enjoy. ^_^

Raging Flames (A Mario Combo Video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HV1r39suKw#GU5U2spHI_4

The vid shows off various Mario combo's/mindgames I've learned and have seen other people use to devlop my playing style. The title Raging Flames doesn't mean it has extensive use of FSmash or fireballs or anything (even though I put acouple of Fireball set up edgeguarding in the vid) but as a metaphor by saying Mario can be pretty **** fast.

Once again, hope you guys enjoy

Shoutout to Monk for giving me first song idea. Also shoutout to the Mario community who's shown me so much love.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
1st post? anyways good stuff shogun. you c stick your uair combos right? cuase im trying to learn how to do that and hte c stikc is just awkward for me and the control stick is a tad bit hard to just do it consistently

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
1st post? anyways good stuff shogun. you c stick your uair combos right? cuase im trying to learn how to do that and hte c stikc is just awkward for me and the control stick is a tad bit hard to just do it consistently
Yea I C-Stick my UAir combos on the shffl portions, after double jump I sometimes switch to analog depending on the situation (like opponent DI'ing twoards me). But I use C-Stick for my UAir combos about 95% of the time.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
i got another question do you use y or x to jump or both? cause i never thought of using the c stick and the x button for the uair combos>< i dont know if thats faster but it seems like it would be.

edit: Nevermind didnt notice that the x button was farther away from the cstick :ohwell:

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
edit: Nevermind didnt notice that the x button was farther away from the cstick :ohwell:
Lol, well to tell you the truth I actually use the X button to jump :laugh:. I can break it down to show you what I do ^_^.

Well first I use the upper part of my thumb to start the short hop, then slide my thumb down to below the c-stick to get ready and hit it up. I hit the C-Stick with the crease part of my thumb and slide it back to the x-button, which I then hit with the crease part of my thumb everytime. So for the first short hop top of the thumb, and each hop after that with the crease of my thumb.

As far as left hand goes I hit down immeditaly at the top of my short hop and then proceed with the L-Cancel.

The left hand pretty much stays the same but my right hand changes alot of the times, depending on weight of character, damage, etc. The reason why I use C-Stick instead of Analog is because I sometimes get to excited and use my double jump or I mess up my fast fall. Also I try not to put too much pressure on my left hand cause that's where all my movement is coming from, and if I lag up there then I can become a sitting duck and then get owned by opponent.

Sorry if all this crap sounds technical but it's not as big a deal as what it sounds like,, it's all about going with the flow. :chuckle: Hope this helps

Help!

Smash Journeyman
It's not too technical for me, I can do all the crap for mario like shbawd's and such, Its just the uair combos are a bit hard to pull off. I do play at GameClucks with Eggz and silentwolf and stuff, even though i dont come close to as good as they are, but i can still sorta hold my own.

but you dont auto cancel your uairs? Cause i can l cancel em but ive been trying to get the auto cancel down and thats pretty tuff with the c stick. and pretty hard to stay consistent with the control stick

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
but you dont auto cancel your uairs? Cause i can l cancel em but ive been trying to get the auto cancel down and thats pretty tuff with the c stick. and pretty hard to stay consistent with the control stick
Alot of them auto-cancel but I still try and L-Cancel to be safe. Cause the speed of the UAir changes even though it doesn't sometimes so trying to perdict an auto-cancel can mess you up.

Also some of the UAir chains cannot be auto cancel cause you have to wait for the delay of your opponent getting knocked away before you do it again. I got some UAir's in the combo vid I can point out that couldn't be auto-cancel'd

The first is @ 2:43 when Vice starts to DI away from me during the UAir combo. The third UAir I did had to be L Cancel'd cause I was too far into the jump to auto-cancel it.

Another is @ 3:42 when I tried to jump back for spacing on Marth and I seen a UAir combo could be done. I had to wait till falling to do a UAir to start it cause if I were to do the UAir instantly and try to auto cancel it he could recover from it cause of his height and damage %. So a fast fall L-Cancel UAir had to happen for that extra speed to go right into another UAir and start the chain.

And the last example is when I started the UAir combo on the Marth @ 4:24. I landed on the platform which ment I had to l-cancel it otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the other UAir's off him (which I had to cut out so the UAir's would go with the vid lol).

Top Bottom