• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rage Studios: SSBB Team Battle + Singles Tournament II- Turnersville, NJ - MAY 31st

Burn

Smash Cadet
RAGE Studios Proudly Presents: SSBB TEAM BATTLE TOURNAMENT II!

www.smashbrostournament.tk

Location & Hosted by:
BrunswickZone - Turnersville, NJ
Address: 100 American Blvd.
Turnersville, NJ 08012
(For a Detailed Map Please visit Our website, PLEASE NOTE: Google Maps, Map Quest, and Yahoo Map Shows the WRONG Location, for Directions please Post here or PM me.)

Date: May 31st (Saturday)

Fee: $5.00 Per Person / $10.00 Per Team
Ladies Discount Fee: $3.00 Per Lady/ $6.00 Per Women Team ^_^

Goodies: $1.00 for 4 Stickers, and a chance to win our door prizes!
(many will enter, few will win)

Door Prizes will be announced during the tournament, you must be present to claim your prize.

Times-
Setting up: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Friendlies and Sign Ups: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Team Battle: 3:00 PM
Singles: 5:00 PM

Pre-Registration will give you a chance to win one of our door prizes. To Pre-Register please forward the following information to: PRE_REG@SMASHBROSTOURNAMENT.TK

-Name
-Nick name (if any)
-Partner's Name/Nickname (If any)
-Team Name
-Singles (or NOT)
**Pre-Registration Deadline is MAY 28th, 2008

Basic Rules & Mechanics-

Singles & Teams Rules:

3 Stock, 7mins, NO ITEMS
Best 2 out of 3, Semifinals and finals are best out of 5!
Double Elimination – YES 2/3 (normal rules apply)
Sudden Deaths – YES/ON (Take them as they come, they DO COUNT)
Controllers – Please Bring Your Own
Team Attack – ON
Share Partner Stock – Optional

STAGES-

Random Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Custom Stages (100% flat stages)

There will be NO Additional stages to counter-pick, besides our selected stages.

**Rounds will be recorded to be used as judging material, also to be posted on our website and our Youtube channel.

**You MUST be signed up for TEAM-Battle to paticipate in Singles, pre-registering will reduce the cost as well.

1st Place Winning Team Prize: CASH PRIZE $***.**(currently depends on entries)

1st Place Singles = Cash (currently depends on entries)
2nd Place Singles = Cash (currently depends on entries)

All our winners will receive certifcates proving they've won in our events, and will be given a chance to come back for FREE in the next up coming event as a MVP!

Door Prizes will be given out to those who enter the chance to win one.

For more details and information PLEASE VISIT:www.smashbrostournament.tk

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE! AND GOOD LUCK!

jamespaoli

Smash Rookie
about the rules of the controller..

a few tournaments in NYC had banned altering your default controller settings, i use the gamecube one and i do change some buttons in the controller configuration setup, is changing certain buttons allowed or banned?

thanks

Burn

Smash Cadet
a few tournaments in NYC had banned altering your default controller settings, i use the gamecube one and i do change some buttons in the controller configuration setup, is changing certain buttons allowed or banned?
It's perfectly legal.

We honestly don't find that cheap or unfair, it's part of the game. ALL fighting game tournaments allow the players to change their button set ups before the match, like DOA, Street Fighter, and Soul Calb. And with brawl it's easier with saving your name on the units with ur button configs stuck to it.

We allowed it in the 1st tournament, so I highly doubt this will ever change.

Just like how we're counting sudden deaths as they come. And that we allow all 4 types of controllers in our tournaments.

So yes, changing your buttons is fine. Hope this helps!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Newark is out of the way, bro. If you wanna meet me somewhere, and chip in for gas, I'd be down.

Burn

Smash Cadet
If anyone would like to bring extra Wii's and/or TVs to help out, it would be greatly Appreciated...We're willing to work out some deal for letting us use it.

The reason for this is because a few staff memebers will not be present due to work and other things, and rules are with us is that we don't lend equipment unless the Owner is there present watching their things, so you can see why we can't just pick up the equipment - main reason they're not home, and number 2 because it just wouldn't be right .

I can supply an Extra TV but no Wii, which will give us 5 set ups if someone brings their wii. I'd like to have 6 total so things can run smoother and faster. But it's all up to you guys...By the way, this is a 1st come 1st serve deal so who ever shows up and tells me they got some equipment to lend for the night, GREAT!

Thank you so much! See ya there!

Top Bottom