• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.o.b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
If R.O.B. turns out to be a playable character next week, I'm heading straight to Gamestop to cancel my preorder. No Joke.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
that's kinda lame. While I will be very disappointed with such a poor character choice I'll still buy and enjoy the game.

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
meh, what difference does several million copies sold, and several million copies sold minus you, make anyways

Black/Light

Smash Master
. .. Good, brawl needs not to please people like you who are willing to toss it aside because you got one WTF character you don't like.

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
Well, just look at it this way, if R.O.B. is confirmed it gives way to Poppant being playable!

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
People curse him and jest him, but he has a point...if that roster is true, it means Sakurai didn't put proper thought into the game. If he didn't put proper thought into the game, it means the whole game will suck. I know the game will not suck; so I know the roster isn't true.

That said, if he's in...I just simply won't unlock him. :p

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
People curse him and jest him, but he has a point...if that roster is true, it means Sakurai didn't put proper thought into the game. If he didn't put proper thought into the game, it means the whole game will suck. I know the game will not suck; so I know the roster isn't true.

Apparently no thought went into Diddy, Sonic, Wario, Olimar, Pit, Snake, etc.

If the roster turns out true (which is likely), you all are going to buy the game anyway. Throwing a temper tantrum won't change anything, just like it didn't when mommy wouldn't buy the cereal you wanted.

Black/Light

Smash Master

. . .WTH are you talking about? "If it's true than Sakurai didn't put good thought into the roster". . .how, cause every friggin fan fav aint in it?

Some people. . . just. . .ughhh :urg:

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ha this looks like the

free +1 post count thread..nah im kidden
i dint like ness or IC or zelda or pikmin and olimar or lucas or mario, actually zeldas HOT ftw or boozer

but u know what....IKE is in brawl so i preordered it in DEC like 6 or something. i dont like most of the characters and they dont appeal to me but IKE does so stop ****** crying seriously u gona get the game and u know it ur on these **** boardes discussing an UNRELEASED GAME ur gona get

Zek

Smash Ace
Sakurai has been giving us fan favorites for months now. There hasn't been a bad character in the bunch. And the two biggest of them are unlockables. You guys are just crying because he told us about them in advance and now there isn't much left. Would you prefer that we got even less updates? Back before so many characters were announced, 35 was actually considered a pretty solid guess.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
ROB is an odd character idea indeed... simply because even with the hover jets/wheels from the Subspace version, it doesn't really have possibilities for an entire A/B moveset, given it's arms don't move very freely. However, being a toy robot, it is possible they could add to it, with things coming out of it's head and such... and being a toy robot, it's possible perhaps it was put in to counterbalance Mr. Game & Watch, and do things like pull out old Nintendo toys as weapons. Otherwise it's hard to think of more then six or seven moves total for it.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Ugh, R.O.B will be Game and Watch all over again except worse... assuming it's true. Which I'm never going to say it is until I actually see R.O.B. as a playable character in Brawl. I still pray every day that won't be the case. Seriously, I'd rather have anyone that's not R.O.B. Megaman, Chuck Norris, Master Chief, ANYONE.

No 35 was never a solid guess and you know it. Melee had 25. Only 10 characters added was never suggested by anyone.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone hate R.O.B? He's an important part in Nintendo's history and if you cancel your pre-order just because he's a playable character... well you'll miss out on playing the best game in history.

R.O.B > Whiny *ssholes.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'm still getting the game, I'll just despise the fact that he's in the game for years to come. I'll take it as one of the game's flaws, since it's not likely to have many others.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I don't see why people are complaining about ROB. If the 35 roster in true, the only three actual characters in Brawl that would be tasteless additions is Ness, Lucario, and Sonic. That would be the only disappointing characters for me if the 35 roster is legit to be honest, although I don't think it really matters in the end what characters are in the game as everyone will be playing it anyway when it comes out, like what happened with Melee.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
If R.O.B. turns out to be a playable character next week, I'm heading straight to Gamestop to cancel my preorder. No Joke.
"If Pichu/Dr. Mario/Gannondorf being a clone/no Ridley turns out to be true next week, I'm heading straight to EB Games to cancel my preorder for Melee. No joke."

Fixed.

Oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom