• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Analysis #39 - Mr. Game & Watch

Cylent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cylent.x
This MU I feel is more in G&W's favor. You need to play really smart and be careful with lasers if you want to win it.

FalconXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItalianFalcon
I'm not entirely sure about this MU (I doubt it's ROB's worst, but it's not a good one), but here are a few notes about GnW:

-GnW's Up-Smash gives him invincibility frames and is fairly powerful.
-Look out for GnW's Down Throw since he can chain it into a hammer which can be brutal if he gets a 9. The combo lasts for a while and fastfallers + characters with large hurtboxes probably can get combo'd by it for a longer time.
-He has a hard time gimping at low %s, but at higher %s this becomes easier.
-He is extremely light and somewhat easy to spike.
-GnW's D-Air can spike near the beginning of the animation (I believe during most of it too, but i'm not entirely sure).

I feel like the best strategy would be baiting GnW with the gyro, but the ROB must be incredibly patient and not just rush in and go for hits.

Last edited:

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
One important strategy in this Match up is to limit your laser usage.

Take advantage of the fact that :4gaw: can bucket :4rob:'s laser and try to bait it.

:4gaw:'s neutral B can be used as an edge guard which opens him up to be hit with Gyro or laser when your making your way back to the stage. OR use up-b to go around the projectiles.

Since :4gaw: is very light, you can get a kill with up-throw a lot sooner vs the rest of the cast.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
It seems like a disadvantage (idk how much) for :4gaw:

I've played this match up both ways.

Idk how G&W is supposed to deal with ROB's retreating nair, because idk if G&W's up smash will do the trick. It doesn't help that it's going to eventually kill either.

But take this with a grain of salt. I'm no expert on either side.

Top Bottom