• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Analysis #31 - Megaman

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
(Repost)
After Mega-man can we discuss, Falco because i have a lot to say on that one

Megaman beats R.O.B in my opinion, ill give some input why

Megaman's projectiles are extremely hard to get around and trade with as both Metal blade and Crash bomber can destroy a gyro. So Robo Beam is our main option, when im in this match-up i wish we had the brawl version of the move as it would help more because sadly its really hard for rob to get close and the beam can be shielded easier due to its slower speed.

Speaking of getting close, Megamans lemons stop us from getting anything done up in his face, and mega-mans down tilt and up tilt are very effective on rob due to his design. If we didn't have the ROBOcopter, i would rate this match-up as one of R.O.B's hardest,

in the air it becomes a little easier, if we can avoid Mega-mans back air R.O.B is generally safe to get close.

Recovery is 50/50 for rob and mega-mans as both recoveries are predictable and straight forward, though both can damage the other if the time there recovery wrong, with the meteors.

I would say 60-40 For the blue metal robot, the white and Red (or grey) robot has much less options other than having an easier time landing the killing blow loses every other scenario.

Top Bottom