• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P Gameboy Kirby?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E8Cnr-YxKs#t=121

Kirby's Gameboy palette has been removed in the game, But! He only has 4 skins now. While every character is supposed to have 5, So it could just not be added yet or even better... We could be getting an alternate costume! Just like how Little Mac's wireframe is not present and only has 4 skins.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
:ohwell: I think that the demo purposely only had 4 colors for each character so 4 people could the same character :ohwell:.....

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You realize that that was a demo and not all palette swaps were available for all characters, do you?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You realize that that was a demo and not all palette swaps were available for all characters, do you?
Did you read the thread? I said that! And also for one of the most simple palette swaps ever, It should have already been finished by now so it may not be in the game and just be replaced with a new alternate costume. (Or Sakurai is just dumb)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Did you read the thread? I said that! And also for one of the most simple palette swaps ever, It should have already been finished by now so it may not be in the game and just be replaced with a new alternate costume. (Or Sakurai is just dumb)
And yet you decided to go with a misleading title.

Also, I don't know why for you no palette swap means new alt costume in its place, pretty flawed logic there.
And whether you think it should have been included by now due to it's simplicity doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact that this is an early build of the game and as with other characters not all of their palette swaps and alts have been implemented; even if it's easy they don't have a reason to have it in right away. You claim you acknowledge this yet you disregard it in the next sentence. Wait until all the content of the game gets revealed before jumping to preliminary conclusions.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E8Cnr-YxKs#t=121

Kirby's Gameboy palette has been removed in the game, But! He only has 4 skins now. While every character is supposed to have 5, So it could just not be added yet or even better... We could be getting an alternate costume! Just like how Little Mac's wireframe is not present and only has 4 skins.
Little Mac.
>Green
>NES Glitch
>Major Curcuit
>That 4th one at E3
>Wireframe
>Pink Hoodie.
6 Colors/Costumes.
While every character is supposed to have 5,
Ok, Thank You, G'bye.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So why make a thread of it if you already know the possibility of it still being around? :ohwell:

Theres a lot of conjecture here.

Last edited:

FastWheels

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperFastWheels
Smash 4 is ruined now. Everybody can go home.

R.I.P in piece Black and White kirby.
1889-1945

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So why make a thread of it if you already know the possibility of it still being around? :ohwell:

Theres a lot of conjecture here.
I guess i should have put a question mark at the end of the thread title.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Black and White Kirby was the most racial equal character in Smash Bros.

Anyway, I doubt it's gone.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Or just not make the thread since there's such an obvious answer :ohwell:
No, You see. The only excuses for not having it in is:
1. It's not finished. (Which is doubt since it's the most simple palette ever)
2. Sakurai doesn't want anybody to see it yet. (Which is just stupid but not impossible)
3. It's being replaced. (sdjsaiodjawiw)

That's why palettes like NES Open Tournament Mario and the the Pink Hoodie Little Mac are missing and are just removed in the demo.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
2. Sakurai doesn't want anybody to see it yet. (Which is just stupid but not impossible)

That's why palettes like NES Open Tournament Mario and the the Pink Hoodie Little Mac are missing and are just removed in the demo.
Ok then, here's a schematic;
Where's at LEAST one of Peach's colors?
Are THEY not finished?
How about Dedede's?
Pac-Man's?
Diddy Kong's?
It isn't "The most simple pallete ever".
It takes just as much work as the others.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

You really are narrowing down the reasons. And inflating the situation to a big deal. This is literally a thread about how a color was absent in the demo. Who cares? its just a demo not everything is going to be in it obviously. Nothing to make a big deal over.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Plus the fact that--priority wise--, Stages/Characters/Items/Assist Trophies and to an extent, Alt. Costumes > Colors.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
lol Just cuz it wasnt in the demo doesnt mean its not coming back. He put 4 colors in the beta for a reason.

Thread should be locked soon.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You really are narrowing down the reasons. And inflating the situation to a big deal. This is literally a thread about how a color was absent in the demo. Who cares? its just a demo not everything is going to be in it obviously. Nothing to make a big deal over.
I made a thread with a topic, You respect that the topic exists or you just ingore it. Don't just come here and insult it just because it's such a small thing, It's not hurting anything or anyone and it's fun to discuss.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
There was no green or blue mario in the demo either, shall we assume they're gone?
Dude, there was no Peach or King Dedede in the demo. I didn't really see Robin, Lucina, or Captain Falco either! Maybe they're all cut from the game now?

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Dude, there was no Peach or King Dedede in the demo. I didn't really see Robin, Lucina, or Captain Falco either! Maybe they're all cut from the game now?
They used the E3 demo which was created LONG before E3 2014 even came to be. Having said that, I think they made a roster that would suit each of the arenas that they had created thus far. Robin, Lucina, and Falcon were announced after E3 so it would be impossible to see them in the demo anyway.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
They used the E3 demo which was created LONG before E3 2014 even came to be. Having said that, I think they made a roster that would suit each of the arenas that they had created thus far. Robin, Lucina, and Falcon were announced after E3 so it would be impossible to see them in the demo anyway.
I was joking about that, lol.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
It'd be nice if Kirby's alt was Shadow Kirby from Triple Deluxe. As for the monochrome palette being gone, I reserve final judgment for when the Wii U version comes out.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It's not that the game was in beta, it's the fact that what we saw was a demo. A demo can be complete or incomplete, but it will NEVER have everything that the full game has. That's why it's called a demo. So the real reason why Gameboy Kirby wasn't shown? Because it was a FLIPPING DEMO. Not that hard to understand if you can create a username and password.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Gameboy Kirby has returned!

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Are we sure that's not just the effect of the stage though? I want the permanent alt..

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Yeah it's not the stage or else they wouldn't use the only 2 characters who have Gameboy palette swaps. (And plus King Dedede's hammer pattern is unaffected)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah it's not the stage or else they wouldn't use the only 2 characters who have Gameboy palette swaps. (And plus King Dedede's hammer pattern is unaffected)
It would also be hard for the same characters with different palette swaps to be told apart, but not impossible because of the 3DS's target lock.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I figured that Kirby would still have the Gameboy color swap. Same with King Dedede as well. Though Kirby's does look slightly darker.

Cedy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cedyism
It got confirmed that Gameboy color swap is back. Go see the latest pics of the day.

Top Bottom