• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R button users

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
For those of you that use the R button a lot (especially to wavedash), what part of your finger do you use? I just noticed I was using the middle part of my finger which is not what my friend uses and that it might not be good for my hands (i main fox). I've been getting blisters on it so im thinking now it might be worth switching my R clicking method.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
If you have blisters then you definitely need to stop. Play on top of those will make it worse.

I use the tip of my index finger (Well, everything above the first knuckle).

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I would assume it's a technique problem if you're getting blisters.

If you can make the change, do less damage to your hands, and not hurt your play, then I 100% advise doing that.

I use a bit of each input possible. X, Y, tap, even C-stick to jump. L, R, and very rarely Z to L-cancel, etc.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I usually rest the first joint (the joint farthest away from my hand) of my middle finger on the peak of the R trigger. You should do whatever is comfortable and doesn't cause you physical injury, though; everyone's hands are different.

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
I usually rest the first joint (the joint farthest away from my hand) of my middle finger on the peak of the R trigger. You should do whatever is comfortable and doesn't cause you physical injury, though; everyone's hands are different.
I think this seems the most natural. I think i'm going to switch to this. I don't know why initially was using the middle part of the middle finger.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
After a long time of using the tip of my index finger on R for all techs and L-cancels, I get a bad pain in the first knuckle of the same finger. I can play smash in smaller doses, even enter tournaments, but my finger hurts when stretched even after days of not playing. Definitely a pain in the ass.

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
After a long time of using the tip of my index finger on R for all techs and L-cancels, I get a bad pain in the first knuckle of the same finger. I can play smash in smaller doses, even enter tournaments, but my finger hurts when stretched even after days of not playing. Definitely a pain in the ***.
I'm actually surprised hearing this many people using index finger for R. So you switch back and forth between Z and R with your index finger when you wanna grab?

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I'm actually surprised hearing this many people using index finger for R. So you switch back and forth between Z and R with your index finger when you wanna grab?
Mhm. Its not really an inconvenience though. Kinda like moving your thumb from jump to c-stick. And there's always pressing L/R+A.

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
I tech and L-cancel with L but wavedash with R. What I do when I wavedash is slide my hand down a bit and then use the top part of my middle finger to hit the button. Kind of hard to explain, the way I do it is weird.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
I always use the tip of my finger, angled down so you can depress the button straight in. I find that the inputs come out faster and more consistently than if I use the pad of my finger.

Top Bottom