• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quitted playing Smash because PM Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adohable

Smash Rookie
My bro has driven me to a point where I lose singlehandedly with all my 6 mains and even the randoms beyond against his PM Mario (And occassionally Fox) even after 2 years.

I want to ask PMBR nerve Mario a bit so not every attack he does is a ****ing lock because I'm sick of Fireball + Dash Attack + Smash or just every of his inescapable hi-priority moves. He shouldn't be this OP under someone's hand to the point where I've decided to just wait into SSB4 for any nerves on Mario overall because for everytime we play seriously, it's a literal slippery slope to where I lose against his Mario.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
My bro has driven me to a point where I lose singlehandedly with all my 6 mains and even the randoms beyond against his PM Mario (And occassionally Fox) even after 2 years.

I want to ask PMBR nerve Mario a bit so not every attack he does is a ****ing lock because I'm sick of Fireball + Dash Attack + Smash or just every of his inescapable hi-priority moves. He shouldn't be this OP under someone's hand to the point where I've decided to just wait into SSB4 for any nerves on Mario overall because for everytime we play seriously, it's a literal slippery slope to where I lose against his Mario.
Mario is perfect in project M and (in the nicest way possible) it`s you who needs to learn some better ways to beat him. I can beat all of my friends who main mario with almost any character. Is it because Mario is bad? No, it`s because I have played my friends so many times that I know how to deal with them.

Adohable

Smash Rookie
Instead of calling for nerfs, how about recording a few matches and asking for some assistance?
Unless I get a capture device, impossible.

Have you considered that maybe you are just bad?
legitimate question
Tell me any matchups where Mario loses and maybe we can talk. And before you start, clip out any use of ATs because we don't use them in our Smash-fights

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Sounds like your brother is pretty tough competition for you! The best thing you could do is focus on improving, rather than asking for nerfs. I can pretty much promise you that no matter how tough it seems to beat your brother, he's beatable. The first step to winning is understanding why you're losing, so the next time you play him, pay attention to what it is that makes him destroy you. What are the things you're doing that he's able to punish? What are the traps you constantly fall for?

No matter what you do, don't give up! That's not going to be a satisfying solution for either you or your brother.

Adohable

Smash Rookie
Mario is perfect in project M and (in the nicest way possible) it`s you who needs to learn some better ways to beat him. I can beat all of my friends who main mario with almost any character. Is it because Mario is bad? No, it`s because I have played my friends so many times that I know how to deal with them.
I dunno man, every of that guy's attack seem a lock to me. I can't ever escape 'em no matter what I do. I don't want to use ATs either though because then my brother would just be forced to learn them too which yet again puts him perhaps even more further step from me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Unless I get a capture device, impossible.

Tell me any matchups where Mario loses and maybe we can talk. And before you start, clip out any use of ATs because we don't use them in our Smash-fights
Almost any match I play ever, several PM tourneys, several people who arn`t good at Mario or are fighting someone with more experience.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Mario is one of PM's poster boy scrub crushers. No offense to you in the slightest, but he's a character who, if you aren't experienced/knowledgeable with, will seem like the best character in the game. Asking for match-ups not considering stuff people use is kinda silly, so I don't really know what to tell you.

An important trick though is power shielding and reflecting fireballs (hardly an AT) so make sure to get that down.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
And before you start, clip out any use of ATs because we don't use them in our Smash-fights
basically what I'm reading here is "i'm refusing to take advice, but I wanna win so I'm demanding that instead of me getting better and learning how to win that the team responsible for the mod make it easier for me to win"

dude have you tried just shielding the fireballs and the dash attack?
if you shield gets small just angle it down and towards him
you can easily grab dash attack out of shield

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I dunno man, every of that guy's attack seem a lock to me. I can't ever escape 'em no matter what I do. I don't want to use ATs either though because then my brother would just be forced to learn them too which yet again puts him perhaps even more further step from me.

Isn't that good? Haha, that's the whole spirit of competition - you become better, so your opponent becomes better, so you become better still.

That's how you become awesome! Embrace it! :D

Adohable

Smash Rookie
Mario is one of PM's poster boy scrub crushers. No offense to you in the slightest, but he's a character who, if you aren't experienced/knowledgeable with, will seem like the best character in the game. Asking for match-ups not considering stuff people use is kinda silly, so I don't really know what to tell you.

An important trick though is power shielding and reflecting fireballs (hardly an AT) so make sure to get that down.

Pointless because DA to any other attacks. I kinda find shielding the major reason why I lose actually.

On the other hand I literally mean I QUITTED now against him, as in I won't play against him anymore. I've grown overly stressed just to fight against him.

But since nerfing seems out of question, lock this topic up.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think you should use the ATs you know and then if your brother wants to know how to do them then teach him and you`ll both get better.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
If you powershield a fireball it gets reflected back at mario, you can also drop it instantly, not only that, but as drinkingfood said, you can EASILY grab dash attack on shield.

But hey if you quit why bother making this thread?

Adohable

Smash Rookie
If you powershield a fireball it gets reflected back at mario, you can also drop it instantly, not only that, but as drinkingfood said, you can EASILY grab dash attack on shield.

But hey if you quit why bother making this thread?
Well maybe so that other "scrubs" won't be forced to quit like I did. Which is why I ask Mario to be nerfed.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Pointless because DA to any other attacks. I kinda find shielding the major reason why I lose actually.

On the other hand I literally mean I QUITTED now against him, as in I won't play against him anymore. I've grown overly stressed just to fight against him.

But since nerfing seems out of question, lock this topic up.
Well that`s mean spirited. I used to lose all the time to my brother and then he taught me all the ATs and strategies he knew and I told him some of the ATs and strategies that I knew and now we`re always competing to see which one of us is better and are always improving which makes the other want to improve, creating a endless cycle. Think of it like the console wars, if there was only one company making games video games would evolve much slower because that one company knew that there was nobody to make a better console then them.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well maybe so that other "scrubs" won't be forced to quit like I did. Which is why I ask Mario to be nerfed.
I don`t see how you were "forced to quit". Why not ask your brother to help you get better? Why not tell him the things you know to make him better?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Why do you take matches against your brother so seriously? My brother is my favorite sparring partner. We always give each other feedback - when I'm finding it really easy to punish something that he's doing, I tell him. He does the same.

If you can't handle losing against your brother, how are you gonna deal with a tournament? O-o

Adohable

Smash Rookie
Why do you take matches against your brother so seriously? My brother is my favorite sparring partner. We always give each other feedback - when I'm finding it really easy to punish something that he's doing, I tell him. He does the same.

If you can't handle losing against your brother, how are you gonna deal with a tournament? O-o
Personal reasons.

I don`t see how you were "forced to quit". Why not ask your brother to help you get better? Why not tell him the things you know to make him better?
Maybe because I just don't want to be trained by a superior. I think I'm already enough of a predictable guy but to be trained just asks me to be molded to the way that I just can't ever improve in my own and develop the way I like to play.

Also endless cycles is something I want to avoid because I dunno how much I have to keep on dedicating so I can barely keep up.

I think this guy should politely ask his brother to "quitted" playing Mario for awhile.
Maybe, but I don't want to limit myself because I apparently suck against Mario. It's like a handicap.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
How about you learn the Mario matchup and stop ******** about it online.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Maybe because I just don't want to be trained by a superior. I think I'm already enough of a predictable guy but to be trained just asks me to be molded to the way that I just can't ever improve in my own and develop the way I like to play.
so basically you don`t want help because "Help is fo scrubs who don`t know how to be a man!". There is no problem in learning what your brother knows and then when he has taught you everything you need you can then go and develop your own way to play.

MrHealthy

Smash Rookie
Maybe because I just don't want to be trained by a superior.

Maybe, but I don't want to limit myself because I apparently suck against Mario. It's like a handicap.
You refused to be trained or ask for advice beating him, but you also don't want to limit yourself? That makes no sense. Refusing to be trained is a limitation!

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Maybe you shouldn't have quitted school before you learned about logic and grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom